Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Lee K

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Aug 18 2022 12:34 pm Landell and Tilt have left.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... t-pitmen-2
Tilt is no loss. 1 good game in 10 is no good to us. Landell, on the other hand, is different. Often at times last season he had the creativity that we are sorely lacking at the moment. He could do Bennett’s job better than Bennett does. Another poor decision from the management team and it’s decisions like these that reflect our current league position and paltry 1 goal scored in 3 games.
I think I heard that Landell was invited to pre-season to try to prove his fitness after being injured last season. He was then announced as signed, having presumably therefore proved his fitness and then binned after 3 games. Baffling!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Instead of tens of players coming and going all the time isn't it time for the manager to take a long hard look at himself and his tactics. Players aren't stupid and the word must be on the grapevine don't go to Hednesford you won't last long.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I thought Landell changed the game against Redditch. We were more lively when he came on and actually looked like we might score a goal. As it was we created a handful of decent chances.
Presumably with no attacking options for Saturday other than O'Sullivan, Lita and Bennett we shoud expect replacements PDQ?
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We went through a period last season where O’Sullivan was the only striker we had at the club and then when he was injured at Stone we went through a period with no fit first team strikers at all at the club, until O’Sullivan was fit again and the extremely strange timing of the signing of Lita almost as soon as our mathematical chances of the play-offs had gone (yes I know there never was a chance in reality but still).
With this in mind it wouldn’t surprise me if there were no replacements by the weekend - certainly a signing or two will be the only vindication of Landell’s release.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Keeper signs on loan from Notts County

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... ins-pitmen
Tony J

Post by Tony J »

Good news in my opinion.
C D S

Post by C D S »

Welcome Tiernan and welcome back Chay.

Stat of the day: since the start of the 2018-2019 season, we have now had no fewer than thirteen temporary goalkeepers, two of which have had multiple spells:

Joe Bursik (Stoke City, loan)
Daniel Eccles (Chorley, loan)
Jono Brown (Bromsgrove Sporting, dual registration)
Sheridan Martinez (AFC Telford United, loan)
Mate Dzecki (Stoke City, loan)
Kieran Preston (Basford United, loan)
Jake Weaver (Birmingham City, loan)
Andy Wycherley (AFC Telford United, loan)
Shaun Rowley (Solihull Moors, loan)
Andy Wycherley (Solihull Moors, loan)
Cameron Gregory (Shrewsbury Town, loan)
Oliver Basey (Birmingham City, loan)
Joe O’Shaughnessy (Wolves, loan)
Oliver Basey (Birmingham City, loan)
Tiernan Brooks (Notts County, loan)

We just love a loan keeper, don’t we?
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

It's shocking really isn't it.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks for that CDS. Just shows how you shouldn't underestimate a consistent performer like Dan Crane, and how lucky we were to have him for a lengthy period of time.
njp

Post by njp »

Interesting post by Lewis Ison on Facebook tonight ‘ Imagine being stripped of captaincy by stand in managers lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂’ I wonder what has happened behind the scenes!
:lol:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

njp wrote: Tue Sep 06 2022 10:03 pm Interesting post by Lewis Ison on Facebook tonight ‘ Imagine being stripped of captaincy by stand in managers lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂’ I wonder what has happened behind the scenes!
And it looks like one of the managers is, has been or is about to go on holiday too:

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Tue Sep 06 2022 10:15 pm
njp wrote: Tue Sep 06 2022 10:03 pm Interesting post by Lewis Ison on Facebook tonight ‘ Imagine being stripped of captaincy by stand in managers lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂’ I wonder what has happened behind the scenes!
And it looks like one of the managers is, has been or is about to go on holiday too:

WTF is going on at that Football club, last one out throw away the keys.
Del

Post by Del »

Rumours seem to be hotting up on t'internet, let's hope most are not true - but with HTFC who knows these days? :think:
Next thing OWNAFC will be up and running again! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

We are looking like a right shower. The club is rudderless with the interim management team making some big calls which are only going to create disharmony. The owners appear to be letting things drift which is alarming.

I've been to sorrento 3 times and would suggest to Riley that he takes in a trip to Herculaneum as it is much better preserved than pompei. You can see it all in a day whereas you can spend weeks traipsing around pompei given its vastness.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Bet Lita has the job they just haven't announced it yet. Why else would he be allowed to strip Ison of the captaincy. That would be a job for the new manager surely. And to be honest the silence is deafening.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

if they give Lita the job were doomed
the phoenix will rise again
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Wed Sep 07 2022 5:54 pm if they give Lita the job were doomed
doomed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Whilst I accept that an experienced step 3 manager would be ideal, if the chosen man has no managerial experience (Lita, if it is him) we should give him a chance before we condemn him and the club. Pep Guardiola had to start somewhere. And so did Rob Smith.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Wed Sep 07 2022 6:08 pm Whilst I accept that an experienced step 3 manager would be ideal, if the chosen man has no managerial experience (Lita, if it is him) we should give him a chance before we condemn him and the club. Pep Guardiola had to start somewhere. And so did Rob Smith.
Lee this route has been tried by the club so many times before, Simon Line, Paul Casey, Frank Sinclair and KMR to name but a few and you know yourself it just doesn't work. Do we waste another 12 to 18 months and then look again or do we go for experience. This club needs the latter the time for taking chances has gone, supporters won't take another c*ck up I'm afraid.

And by the way Rob Smith started at Willenhall (step4), even Gary Hayward started at step 5 with Gedling. This level of football is not for taking chances.
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

Lita as manager would be a mistake in my view. Totally unproven and a risk that could result in a relegation battle this season. It’s vital the club go for a proven manager.
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Sep 07 2022 6:31 pm
Lee K wrote: Wed Sep 07 2022 6:08 pm Whilst I accept that an experienced step 3 manager would be ideal, if the chosen man has no managerial experience (Lita, if it is him) we should give him a chance before we condemn him and the club. Pep Guardiola had to start somewhere. And so did Rob Smith.
Lee this route has been tried by the club so many times before, Simon Line, Paul Casey, Frank Sinclair and KMR to name but a few and you know yourself it just doesn't work. Do we waste another 12 to 18 months and then look again or do we go for experience. This club needs the latter the time for taking chances has gone, supporters won't take another c*ck up I'm afraid.

And by the way Rob Smith started at Willenhall (step4), even Gary Hayward started at step 5 with Gedling. This level of football is not for taking chances.
Hi Keith,
Are there any experienced Step 3 managers available? Who would you suggest either available or with another club?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Dave C wrote: Wed Sep 07 2022 9:31 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Sep 07 2022 6:31 pm

Hi Keith,
Are there any experienced Step 3 managers available? Who would you suggest either available or with another club?
Hello Dave, plenty of experience out there either unemployed or otherwise I could probably name five or six without having to think too hard. Surely though that isn't within my role as a fan to provide that, we have a Director of Football who should be looking at who we can and can't get.
Desire to make things happen is the key, if you wait for the perfect manager to come to you you'll wait a long time.
Good luck in the clubs search but I'm convinced the decision has already been taken and experience yet again.wont be the key criteria.