Non-League News

Please post anything unrelated to the Pitmen in here.
Perton Pitman

Re: Non-League News

Post by Perton Pitman »

Glyn wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 3:36 pm
very astute of the Moors. One assumes that they believe that the government may increase VAT at some point in the near future!
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 4:24 pm
Glyn wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 3:36 pm
very astute of the Moors. One assumes that they believe that the government may increase VAT at some point in the near future!
...or decrease it, in which case they have missed a trick!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 7:48 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ssion=true

Bloody Hell.

Another caring gesture from the FA to all of non league football.
All heart, aren't they.

To be fair they've missed out on three months of disciplinary fines income, so they must be hard up now...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Glyn wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 3:36 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 7:48 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ssion=true

Bloody Hell.

All heart, aren't they.

To be fair they've missed out on three months of disciplinary fines income, so they must be hard up now...
To be honest, I don't have a lot of sympathy:-
1) If you go down the litigation route it is going to be very costly and the loser is left with a large bill at the end of the process. Presumably , in the light of a pandemic they thought that the FA were wrong and they had a God-given right to promotion.
2) They were too vociferous for my liking. People were dying in large numbers, jobs were (and are still) being lost etc. I'm sure they will be promoted next season, but their lack pf patience and a level head has cost them. Perhaps they have 2026 emblazoned on their tracksuits.
3) If they are fronting the legal route on behalf of others then you would like to think that they had an agreement with the others to put their hand in their pockets should the need arise.

As far as I'm concerned it's tough. Had they been in Karen Brady's shoes they would have argued for null and void. Self-interest fuelled this and the like of Port Vale have made sacrifices along the way.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 5:43 pm

Bloody Hell.

All heart, aren't they.

1) If you go down the litigation route it is going to be very costly and the loser is left with a large bill at the end of the process. Presumably , in the light of a pandemic they thought that the FA were wrong and they had a God-given right to promotion.
2) They were too vociferous for my liking. People were dying in large numbers, jobs were (and are still) being lost etc. I'm sure they will be promoted next season, but their lack pf patience and a level head has cost them. Perhaps they have 2026 emblazoned on their tracksuits.
3) If they are fronting the legal route on behalf of others then you would like to think that they had an agreement with the others to put their hand in their pockets should the need arise.

As far as I'm concerned it's tough. Had they been in Karen Brady's shoes they would have argued for null and void. Self-interest fuelled this and the like of Port Vale have made sacrifices along the way.
But the FA are still showing scant concern for all clubs below National League level, there stance between the elite and grassroots is pure hypocrisy at best. Unless football at grassroots starts soon, yes I am aware it probably won't, there are going to be many many casualties, do the FA care, no they don't and with every statement and decision that comes their true colours are exposed. Their only concern is the relentless pursuit of the TV cashcow.
The grassroots game needs help and support,are they going to get it, probably not.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 6:45 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 5:43 pm

Bloody Hell.

All heart, aren't they.

But the FA are still showing scant concern for all clubs below National League level, there stance between the elite and grassroots is pure hypocrisy at best. Unless football at grassroots starts soon, yes I am aware it probably won't, there are going to be many many casualties, do the FA care, no they don't and with every statement and decision that comes their true colours are exposed. Their only concern is the relentless pursuit of the TV cashcow.
The grassroots game needs help and support,are they going to get it, probably not.
I agree that the FA , and the elite levels as well, need to support grassroots. The likes of SOuth Shields could perhaps stop being so selfish by dragging the FA through the legal processes and instead look to work together for the greater good.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

https://nonleaguedaily.com/south-shield ... d-to-club/

“stand shoulder-to-shoulder”

That’s not allowed!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
cds

Post by cds »

Seems like name changes are all the rage this summer in non-league. Mickleover Sports are now just Mickleover FC...

... and Black Country Rangers are now OJM Black Country FC
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

.. albeit sort-of Football League news now... Barrow reject Bolton approach for Evatt:

https://nonleaguedaily.com/barrow-rejec ... for-evatt/
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn wrote: Mon Jun 29 2020 9:35 am .. albeit sort-of Football League news now... Barrow reject Bolton approach for Evatt:

https://nonleaguedaily.com/barrow-rejec ... for-evatt/
Or maybe not...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18 ... ian-evatt/
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Glyn wrote: Fri Jul 03 2020 8:50 am
Don't you just love travelling folk and their 'live and live' philosophy to life!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

cds

Post by cds »

Bas£ord announce 'exciting' ground redevelopment plan.... which in reality is just an extension of the clubhouse

What would probably be a better idea is actually bringing their poxy little ground up to 'C' grade regulations, seeing as Greenwich Avenue is still nearly 400 short of reaching FA rules on minimum capacity at step three
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Bucks get £99,936 to improve their pitch... from the Premier League, no less...

https://www.telfordunited.com/news/afc- ... ucks-head/
Glyn

Post by Glyn »