Squad 2019/20 (thread locked)

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Lee K

Re: Hednesford Town Squad 2019/20

Post by Lee K »

Excellent news, I've read good things about Elliott and Morris. Abadaki has lots of pace and can cause problems in a decent team, and Gatter is a favourite of mine as some on here will know.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
cds

Post by cds »

Some very decent potential signings there. Would have expected Elliott to have had a lot of offers as he's been a regular at step two for the best part of three seasons. Morris, like Elliott, has an impressive number of games under his belt already despite his age. I like Abadaki - a bit mercurial at times but showed good form even during that rotten period under Francino. Five centre-backs on the books now with Charlie back... can we support that within the budget, or will a bit of 'trimming' be going on in pre-season when other triallists become available?
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Fri Jun 14 2019 1:35 pm Latest: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/06 ... -the-squad

Squad latest

Daniel Platt
James Hurst
Charlie Gatter
Matt Curley
Sam Griffiths
Carter Lycett
Kieran Morris
Ben Bailey (club captain)
Louis Ezewele
Ollie Waddison
Jack Hallahan
Tom Elliot
Daniel Glover
Ben O’Hanlon
Bradley Wells
Kieran Wells
Osebi Abadaki
Hi Gaz,

This is all seriously good work well done. Midfield still looks a little short though however I would think you still have irons in the fire.
Any news on Alex Ray Harvey I would really like him back.

Again well done.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

Midfield players will be meeting me next week I'm afraid Alex was all set to sign then today has done a u turn as he got a job in Burnley bet he turns up somewhere though but no worries I've got to meet few class acts next week just watch this space good times are on there way 👍
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Garlstain wrote: Sat Jun 15 2019 1:16 pm Midfield players will be meeting me next week I'm afraid Alex was all set to sign then today as done u turn as he got a job in Burnley bet he turns up somewhere though but no worries I've got to meet few class acts next week just watch this space good times are on there way
Thank you Gaz.
Honest communication with the fans is much appreciated we haven't had any for a few years now.
Long may it continue and all the very best for the coming season. :clap:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

any class acts in the the striking department coming in ;)
the phoenix will rise again
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

Sheriff do u have whatsapp I've got couple videos of forwards I'm looking at and I'm happy to forward them over to you m8 plus strikers at this level and above come at a big price which I'm afraid I haven't got 600 plus for players have to pull rabbits out of hats with a small budget I'm afraid but if the supporters want to help pay for a good striker from higher league I'm happy to except anything m8
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Garlstain wrote: Sat Jun 15 2019 3:50 pm Sheriff do u have whatsapp I've got couple videos of forwards I'm looking at and I'm happy to forward them over to you m8 plus strikers at this level and above come at a big price which I'm afraid I haven't got 600 plus for players have to pull rabbits out of hats with a small budget I'm afraid but if the supporters want to help pay for a good striker from higher league I'm happy to except anything m8
Well said Gaz but that won't wash with Sheriff.
:clap:
steve-k

Post by steve-k »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Jun 15 2019 1:28 pm
Garlstain wrote: Sat Jun 15 2019 1:16 pm Midfield players will be meeting me next week I'm afraid Alex was all set to sign then today as done u turn as he got a job in Burnley bet he turns up somewhere though but no worries I've got to meet few class acts next week just watch this space good times are on there way
Thank you Gaz.
Honest communication with the fans is much appreciated we haven't had any for a few years now.
Long may it continue and all the very best for the coming season. :clap:

Seconded, thanks Gaz for your openness and honesty, it’s so refreshing and also gives us a great insight into activities “behind the scenes”

Looking forward to the friendlies and the season ahead and to seeing the team progress under your leadership - all the best from us.

Steve & Sharan K.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Garlstain wrote: Sat Jun 15 2019 3:50 pm Sheriff do u have whatsapp I've got couple videos of forwards I'm looking at and I'm happy to forward them over to you m8 plus strikers at this level and above come at a big price which I'm afraid I haven't got 600 plus for players have to pull rabbits out of hats with a small budget I'm afraid but if the supporters want to help pay for a good striker from higher league I'm happy to except anything m8
I understand that and you have put together a decent squad , it just seems to lack that bit of sparkle. thanks anyway :clap:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Sun Jun 16 2019 8:19 am
I understand that and you have put together a decent squad , it just seems to lack that bit of sparkle. thanks anyway :clap:
Sparkle doesn't come cheap mate and as much as we'd like to sign it Gaz is having to work on a costume jewellery budget.
Even so he has managed to get
5 or 6 players in who could be playing at a higher level and most of the rest are well experienced at our level.
Don't think we could be asking for much more.
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

I'm meeting some sparkle this week folks and me terry and jasper will try our best to polish it threw the door
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Garlstain wrote: Sun Jun 16 2019 12:33 pm I'm meeting some sparkle this week folks and me terry and jasper will try our best to polish it threw the door

That's just teasing Gaz :lol:
john b

Post by john b »

Just having a catch up on signings. Looks a strong line up with those who have signed. As we all know strikers who regularly score don't come cheap. At least we have an open and transparent communication regarding signings
mattyjp90

Post by mattyjp90 »

Hey gary will we be keeping jose veiga or will have a another keeper?
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

Jose is a very important part of my management team and I rate him highly as a coach and a gentleman
CowBoy

Post by CowBoy »

Thanks 4 updates Gaz.
What’s happen with Javan
mattyjp90

Post by mattyjp90 »

Alex Harvey joined Stafford
Part Time Pitman

Post by Part Time Pitman »

10 miles closer to Burnley then. In all seriousness the NPL probably makes a big difference to him
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Part Time Pitman wrote: Mon Jun 17 2019 11:36 pm 10 miles closer to Burnley then. In all seriousness the NPL probably makes a big difference to him
I’ve not been keeping pace with developments but there were rumours that Strangers were destined for the Southern League. Has the situation changed again?
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 18 2019 9:29 pm
Part Time Pitman wrote: Mon Jun 17 2019 11:36 pm 10 miles closer to Burnley then. In all seriousness the NPL probably makes a big difference to him
I’ve not been keeping pace with developments but there were rumours that Strangers were destined for the Southern League. Has the situation changed again?
Strangers probably would have moved had Gateshead been dropped to the NPL as was suggested, but in the end they were only relegated to National North, with Aldershot staying in National League and Oxford City moved back to south from north.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

mattyjp90 wrote: Mon Jun 17 2019 8:01 pm Alex Harvey joined Stafford
:clap:
CowBoy

Post by CowBoy »

How is it going meeting with the sparkle Gaz. Have you managed to give it a polish?
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

Signed 1 today hopefully meeting best till last then apart from another striker I'm done till pre season starts but if coffers add up we're good to go
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »