Squad 2019/20 (thread locked)

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Garlstain

Re: Hednesford Town Squad 2019/20

Post by Garlstain »

Also javs add a change of heart and wants to come back so it's just down to finances tbh
Del

Post by Del »

Update: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/05 ... ext-season

Squad Latest

Carter Lycett
Ben Bailey (Club Captain)
Louis Ezewele
Bradley Wells
Kieran Wells
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
cds

Post by cds »

He's back! http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/05 ... -keys-park

Squad Latest

Carter Lycett
Ben Bailey (Club Captain)
Louis Ezewele
Danny Glover
Bradley Wells
Kieran Wells
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
Del

Post by Del »

cds wrote: Fri May 31 2019 10:33 am He's back! http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/05 ... -keys-park
Oy cds .. that's my job!! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Welcome back Danny, always a pleasure to interview
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
steve-k

Post by steve-k »

Glyn wrote: Fri May 31 2019 2:47 pm

Welcome back Danny, great to have you back at Keys Park!

Can’t want to see you sticking a few in the onion bag next season :clap:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

I expected some new faces up front, getting very tiresome
the phoenix will rise again
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

steve-k wrote: Fri May 31 2019 3:04 pm
Glyn wrote: Fri May 31 2019 2:47 pm

Welcome back Danny, great to have you back at Keys Park!

Can’t want to see you sticking a few in the onion bag next season :clap:
If he's not injured
CowBoy

Post by CowBoy »

sheriff wrote: Fri May 31 2019 5:17 pm I expected some new faces up front, getting very tiresome
Howdy sheriff

Looking forward to seeing Danny proving you wrong and being a hit.
Do you ever say anything positive?
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

CowBoy wrote: Fri May 31 2019 5:22 pm
sheriff wrote: Fri May 31 2019 5:17 pm I expected some new faces up front, getting very tiresome
Howdy sheriff

Looking forward to seeing Danny proving you wrong and being a hit.
Do you ever say anything positive?
I doubt it, it took him half a season to start scoring last time he was here, a lot of supporters on the terraces are not Glover fans
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

...but a lot of the rest are...welcome back Danny :clap:
cds

Post by cds »

I’m a bit flummoxed at the idea that some would not welcome Danny coming back. Consider the following:

• Danny has been here twice before and has averaged roughly a goal every other start at two different levels for the club – the best goal return of any striker at the club since Durrell
• He’s been top scorer here in three of the last five seasons (14/15, 16/17, 17/18)
• He’s shown his commitment to the club on numerous occasions, willing to play through injuries and against medical advice when we’ve needed the numbers
• He’s what I call a ‘100% player’ like Kieran. Gives everything on the pitch, doesn’t shirk his responsibilities and is a team player, willing to play in multiple positions. He’s also a fine player from free-kicks and penalties
• He’s willing to come and play for a club that’s a lot further away from his house than Nantwich are/were, to play in a league that’s out of his geographical circle when he could have easily taken one of the no doubt numerous offers he would have from NPL clubs. If anyone can give me names of any better strikers who would come here and offer the above for the same money, I’m all ears and I'm sure Gaz would too

As an aside, he’s also a thoroughly nice guy who came and chatted to the Hednesford fans at the Nantwich game last season – he didn’t have to do that. I’m also led to believe that he’s a very popular player in the dressing room – exactly what you need when you need to create team spirit. He’s the absolute epitome of a solid, reliable, experienced, step three player. That'll do for me and it'll do for many Hednesford fans.
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

cds wrote: Fri May 31 2019 7:21 pm I’m a bit flummoxed at the idea that some would not welcome Danny coming back. Consider the following:

• Danny has been here twice before and has averaged roughly a goal every other start at two different levels for the club – the best goal return of any striker at the club since Durrell
• He’s been top scorer here in three of the last five seasons (14/15, 16/17, 17/18)
• He’s shown his commitment to the club on numerous occasions, willing to play through injuries and against medical advice when we’ve needed the numbers
• He’s what I call a ‘100% player’ like Kieran. Gives everything on the pitch, doesn’t shirk his responsibilities and is a team player, willing to play in multiple positions. He’s also a fine player from free-kicks and penalties
• He’s willing to come and play for a club that’s a lot further away from his house than Nantwich are/were, to play in a league that’s out of his geographical circle when he could have easily taken one of the no doubt numerous offers he would have from NPL clubs. If anyone can give me names of any better strikers who would come here and offer the above for the same money, I’m all ears and I'm sure Gaz would too

As an aside, he’s also a thoroughly nice guy who came and chatted to the Hednesford fans at the Nantwich game last season – he didn’t have to do that. I’m also led to believe that he’s a very popular player in the dressing room – exactly what you need when you need to create team spirit. He’s the absolute epitome of a solid, reliable, experienced, step three player. That'll do for me and it'll do for many Hednesford fans.
:clap:
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

Danny glover is a great striker and proven at this level and I believe he will score the goals wellsy will create for him last yr we didn't score enough goals hanging on to 1/0s for 50/60 minutes if we could get few chances I expect danny to score crucial goals for us to make it little bit less nerve racking and relax the team
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Last season Danny had no hesitation in doing an interview for our programme and after Durrell when he came back with Tamworth, he was only the second former player that I had felt that I wanted to interview and that the fans would genuinely want to read from a member of the opposition team. He scores goals, creates goals, tries his hardest for the team, what's not to like?!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/06 ... FY9vdKIRaU

Squad latest

Daniel Platt
James Hurst
Matt Curley
Carter Lycett
Ben Bailey (club captain)
Louis Ezewele
Daniel Glover
Bradley Wells
Kieran Wells
Del

Post by Del »

JH .. one of the 'few' non-league players I have prior knowledge of!! :evil:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Garlstain wrote: Fri May 31 2019 8:15 pm Danny glover is a great striker and proven at this level and I believe he will score the goals wellsy will create for him last yr we didn't score enough goals hanging on to 1/0s for 50/60 minutes if we could get few chances I expect danny to score crucial goals for us to make it little bit less nerve racking and relax the team
It's nice to see you building a squad from the off, just expected new faces at the front for a change
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Sat Jun 01 2019 8:06 am
Garlstain wrote: Fri May 31 2019 8:15 pm Danny glover is a great striker and proven at this level and I believe he will score the goals wellsy will create for him last yr we didn't score enough goals hanging on to 1/0s for 50/60 minutes if we could get few chances I expect danny to score crucial goals for us to make it little bit less nerve racking and relax the team
It's nice to see you building a squad from the off, just expected new faces at the front for a change
Gloves and the Wells Brothers three proven scorers at this level mate, what more can you ask?
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

Sheriff I understand what ur saying that new blood is good but I haven't finished yet nowere near m8 tbh Andre Wright who we add last season will defenatly get his chance plus if everything works out I do have a striker who if it come over the line will light up the place but completion for places is very healthy and if one strikers not performing then I'm bigger and uglier to take um out my team and put the next one in that goes for all over the pitch basically rule of thumb is don't perform u won't play that's why IAM THE LAW :twisted:
Pitman1983

Post by Pitman1983 »

James Hurst was quality for us the first time he was here, let’s hope he keeps out of trouble off the pitch lol. Keep them coming gaz
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Garlstain wrote: Sat Jun 01 2019 8:53 am Sheriff I understand what ur saying that new blood is good but I haven't finished yet nowere near m8 tbh Andre Wright who we add last season will defenatly get his chance plus if everything works out I do have a striker who if it come over the line will light up the place but completion for places is very healthy and if one strikers not performing then I'm bigger and uglier to take um out my team and put the next one in that goes for all over the pitch basically rule of thumb is don't perform u won't play that's why IAM THE LAW :twisted:
Gaz, we could be 10 points clear at the top of the table and sheriff would want 11. Wouldn't you mate?!
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

Lee K wrote: Sat Jun 01 2019 10:06 am
Garlstain wrote: Sat Jun 01 2019 8:53 am Sheriff I understand what ur saying that new blood is good but I haven't finished yet nowere near m8 tbh Andre Wright who we add last season will defenatly get his chance plus if everything works out I do have a striker who if it come over the line will light up the place but completion for places is very healthy and if one strikers not performing then I'm bigger and uglier to take um out my team and put the next one in that goes for all over the pitch basically rule of thumb is don't perform u won't play that's why IAM THE LAW :twisted:
Gaz, we could be 10 points clear at the top of the table and sheriff would want 11. Wouldn't you mate?!
Only 11 :-D nothing wrong with aiming high.
CowBoy

Post by CowBoy »

Howdy folks

Foxy has left the club