Pitmen v Whitby match previews

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Pitmen v Whitby match previews

Post by Glyn »

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/smith ... ague-6625/

Normal service resumes, I'll be back with the bookies' odds (expect home win about 1/7) in the next day or two...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
The Beerhunter

Re: Pitmen v Whitby match previews

Post by The Beerhunter »

Also this weekend, The Cross Keys Beer Festival from Friday 28th- Sunday 30th October, up to 20 Real Ales available.
Why not pop in for a pre or post match pint?
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Dunkley and Osborne suspended for us

Whitby "under new management"

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The pitch won't need watering, indeed I imagine the lads are training in wellies tonight, but all set fair for Saturday

http://weather.uk.msn.com/local.aspx?we ... 2c+England

No odds quoted yet for us, but I imagine they'll be on here tomorrow

http://www.stanjames.com/betting/index. ... 3.2&slc=-1

Funny, the bookies have suddenly discovered that the FA Cup exists now that the BSP boys are in it

:roll:
Jas

Post by Jas »

[quote="Glyn"]Dunkley and Osborne suspended for us

Could be a chance for Decio but I think Ben Bailey has to start in defense after a great performance last week.

Elliot did well in midfield last week but maybe it's a chance to try out Ben Jeavons.

Would be good to see Mark Danks up front but then again Hay and Wellecome are playing well.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Jas wrote:
Could be a chance for Decio but I think Ben Bailey has to start in defense after a great performance last week.

Elliot did well in midfield last week but maybe it's a chance to try out Ben Jeavons.

Would be good to see Mark Danks up front but then again Hay and Wellecome are playing well.
So, are you indecisive Jas, or just not sure?

:roll: :mrgreen:
Del

Post by Del »

Live updates from the Radio Cars :drive: will be operating on the forum for this one!

:drive2: :drive1: :mystery:

:scarf:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

It looks like being a nice day for a good performance and a giant crowd . come on you whites, but beware a new manager is in at Whitby., they may play beetter than their position might show
Jas

Post by Jas »

Glyn wrote:
Jas wrote:

So, are you indecisive Jas, or just not sure?

Spoilt for choice.

Looking forward to a 3-0 win fearful of an 11 man defensive operation by Whitby!
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

Not an easy one this! A new young player-manager and all of his players eager to impress, also they might not be as defensive as you might think - see their last league game, losing 3-4 to a resurgent Worksop Town FC!
On the other hand, our players looked great in training last night, great atmosphere, plenty of good work and I am sure that Rob and Larry will have them up for the challenge.
I would expect to see Ben Jevons have a start tomorrow and Ben Bailey to keep the shirt after his 'Man of the Match' display last week at Bedworth.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Stan James' odds:

Home win 4/11

Draw 4/1

Away 5/1

http://www.stanjames.com/betting/index. ... 3.2&slc=-1

Elsewhere, note Strangers odds on for a home win (that hasn't happened for a while, but we have to acknowledge that they are on the move upwards); and Everton 7/2 to win at home to Man Ure.... Paddy Power quoted 15/4 on talkSPORT earlier - the Premier League must have already split into two divisions (or more?)

:roll:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

This radio car is back after a nightmare 7 hour journey from Cornwall (on the way down last Friday lunchtime I was surprised to come across the Bideford team coach on its way to an away game. Although Carshalton is a fair jaunt, I thought it a tad extravagant on their part, but having endured the M5 tonight, I now know why!!).

A difficult game tomorrow and someone has alreadyjkinxed us by saying that we are one game away from going a whole year unbeaten at home in the league
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »