Marine v Pitmen - MATCH OFF

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Scott

Re: Marine v Pitmen - MATCH OFF

Post by Scott »

BBC WM rang me on the way back home last night to hear about what had gone on and I came on after quite an ironic song!

Listen from 36 minutes onwards:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00kq7rm
Del

Post by Del »

Very disappointing to see that at 13.13 hrs (Devon time) there is absolutely nothing on the Official Clubs website regarding this match! :redcard:

Bad enough that there was no confirmation yesterday afternoon following the pitch inspection that the game was on .. but there is nothing there now to say that the game was off!

The Marine website managed to inform followers via their website - so why is there nothing on our Official site?

This all goes back to the problem we have discussed so many times before - keeping the fans informed and "in-the-loop". Doubtless your local evening paper will be carrying the news before the Club lets everyone know, which is poor to say the least.

Fortunately we have this website - but fans first port of call is the Official website .. and if that is not updated then what conclusions will they draw about the Clubs attitude?

Who has the ability to post Breaking News items on that site is a debatable question - I know one person would have been pretty hot under the collar elsewhere - but where was the man in charge? .. on holiday again?

Maybe this is the time for Mr Price to urgently review the position of the current Official website - before all the good work the HTFCSA has done becomes undone.

:think:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

Good afternoon Del, sorry that you feel that you are not being kept 'in the loop' but almost everything that can be said about last nights non-event has already been posted on this thread by Scott etc.
With regards to the Official site it is difficult for anyone other than me to put an article about last nights aborted match as I am the only one that has access that was actually there. The webmaster would not have had a clue that this had actually occurred. I have been out on business this morning and unable to access the club website, this will need to wait until this evening when I will have more time available.
The simple bullet points that sum up last night are as follows:
1. We left on time
2. There was a major accident around J21A
3. The Travel Club coach elected to leave the motorway earlier, as the supporters are under different time pressures to the playing and coaching staff, we elected to stay on the M6 (wrong decision with hindsight!)
4. Plenty of telephone dialogue with the match referee (who had also been stuck in the carnage) and the Secretary at Marine FC.
5. Decision that if the team coach could not arrive at Marine by 8.05pm latest we would not be able to play the match - kick of 8.30pm latest
6. After final consultation with the match referee at 7.25pm his advice was that from where we were located we would not be able to meet the deadlines in 5 above and that we should abandon any attempts to play the game and should head for home at the first convenient exit point.
We are obviously disappointed for everyone that made the trip for the game and that we were unable to get the game played before the intensive series of cup games ahead.
Del

Post by Del »

Hi Terry ... hopefully you realise that was not a dig at you!

I was, in fact, probably one of the first people to be in the loop via text messages regarding the M6 chaos, as it was me who posted the 'Match Off' info on this site on 2 threads and on Facebook (before Scott got the chance), plus I texted numerous individuals as well.

But that is my whole point .... me sat here in Devon finds out the info long before those sitting round the corner from the Club - somewhat ironical!

Your reasoning also highlights what we have been saying for so long about access to the front page of the Official website as well.
On match days such as yesterday you are obviously busy ... so when an act of God occurs there should be a back-up plan in position!

When I had the 'webmaster' post for a league club, I was available to post news pretty nigh on 24 hours a day .. and if I went away then there was a second person who could take over.
Any news, delays, incidents etc were sent to me by phone, text or email .. and I was expected by the Club to have them live on-line within an hour of them being sent.
PTV who run the Club websites now demand a match report to be on-line within 60 minutes of the final whistle!

btw ... Interesting if you enter just Hednesford into Google, the Official website is the first option that comes up, saying "The official website of Hednesford Town Football Club. All the latest Pitmen news available here."

I wonder who entered the second sentence in the key words etc!

:scarf:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

I won't enter the debate (here, anyway) about the club's Official Site, other than to say that we are all (including Terry, I know) frustrated at its current "condition", and steps are being taken to rectify that asap

I do hope that when incidents like this occur - and remember there were similar problems when we went to Hemel for the League Cup Final 1st leg last season - whichever muppet driver causes the chaos is severely dealt with - a few years ago I had to go and rescue a pal whose car had been written off by a lorry driver on the M6 near Northwich on a December night when I had far better things to do with my time

Folks who are blind and/or incompetent shouldn't be driving.... or reffing....

:roll: :evil: :twisted:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think most people log onto this website for info anyway

Changing the subject slightly, any idea what the league's stance on last night is? Will the re-arranged fixture take place relatively soon?
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

FYI
TerryMc wrote:The re-arranged date for the League match at Marine FC has now been set for Tuesday 24th January 2012, kick off time TBC but likely to be 7.45pm.
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

Further to previous post please note that the travel club due to limited funds can only run a coach to the re-arranged Marine match if we are able to secure at least £200-00 of sponsorship and 20 travel on the day, failure to meet both of these conditions means we will not be running a coach as we do not have the required funds to do so.