Scott on WM

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Mark

Scott on WM

Post by Mark »

Anyone just hear Scott on WM discussing the FA Cup reunion?

Cracking interview - topped off by some archive material of interviews from the win over Blackpool. Very good listen - I will get the link from iplayer up ASAP!
Del

Re: Scott on WM

Post by Del »

Was going to text him half way through .. but I forgot!!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Thriker

Post by Thriker »

Apparently was he named as Co Chairman ?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Thriker - Scott is Joint Chairman of the Supporters Association.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Anyone going to post the iplayer link? -afraid I don't have time to hunt it down....

Come on Scott, don't be shy....

:roll: :-D
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Scott

Post by Scott »

Here you go Glyn:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00kjx14 from 1hour 18 mins in.
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

Brilliant Scott...As you will know I am vice-presiden of the football club, I remember it well. unfortunately I could not get there because I was unwell at the time. but I heard the commentary and telephoned Radio WM and spoke to Joe live on air. it was such a very exciting day for everybody who was associated with the club, Chris Brewerton I may be able to help you with some addresses if you let me know what players you still need to trace
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Scott wrote:Here you go Glyn:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00kjx14 from 1hour 18 mins in.
Thanks mate, I'll have a listen tomorrow, tried the link from the SA website without knowing at what time you featured, and all I got was Walsall-Rochdale and Baggies/Wolves reserves.

Glad they got round to talking about the West Midlands' most successful club eventually....

:roll: :twisted:
Thriker

Post by Thriker »

Just listening to it, good work Scotty !
Supahednesford

Post by Supahednesford »

Bob C -

Thank you for your offer.

We are having a meeting regarding the contacting of former players this Saturday after the Frickley game. The wonders of Facebook seem to be a useful way of tracking ex-players down but your help will no doubt be required in the coming weeks.

Once Scott, Ryan and I have worked out who needs to be contacted by whom and how, we will certainly be very grateful for anybody's input. I have to thank Sue Griffiths for getting Joe O'Connors number for me. We couldn't do it without the goalscoring hero there!

As for the publicity on WM it's really heartening to see that alot of people still remember/care about our heyday and I think WM could be a really good way of publicising the upcoming event moving towards February. Well done Scott.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks guys.

When we listened back in our house we thought it was you Bob.

Unfortunately with the recent announcement about BBC job cuts, phone-ins/shows and coverage of Non League football will more than likely cease to exist in its current format - which is a real sickner for clubs like ourselves.

Having been an avid BBC WM listener for many years now, I know there aren't many better local radio stations out there.
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

Yes Scott, unfortunately they cut out my short chat with Joe. Its tragic that it would appear that non-league football is going to get less coverage. just at a time when we seem to be getting more coverage of late, due to the hard work being put in by you and the Supporters Assiciation.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

We'll just have to start our own radio station.....??

:roll: 8-)

I've had chance to listen now, well done Scott and a well-put-together feature by Radio WM

Have you ever considered a career in the media Scott??

:roll: ;) :-D