MATCH REVIEWS - HTFC - Mickleover Sports

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

MATCH REVIEWS - HTFC - Mickleover Sports

Post by Glyn »

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Many of us will be at Keys Park on Saturday evening for the SA Christmas Party/Race Night so considered match reviews will be welcome on Sunday!!

:P
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Re: MATCH REVIEWS - HTFC - Mickleover Sports

Post by Del »

PITMEN 6 - 1 MICKLEOVER SPORTS

Please vote for your Man of the Match :

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=247
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

6-1 Del!!!

Thought the feature of today was the hard work we did in the first half to get our noses in front with what was in all honesty a slightly fortunate goal. Mickleover started well and we had to put in a very determined performance to go in one up at half time.

We worked very hard indeed, but without the fluency of some games earlier in the season, but teams will never roll over and die.

In the second half we were more comfortable in possession with Durrell spraying the ball arpound superbly and Ozzy and Clem both terrorising the backline of Mickleover with incisive, tricky running.

Can't comment on the first sending off as I was 70 yards away, but all I saw was our guy go down when it seemed he had been hit on the head from behind. hopefully the replay will clear this up.

I have some sympathy with the number 5 getting a second yellow which resulted in our 4 th goal from the penalty spot. It seemed he was tracking our forward away from goal and accidently tripped our sub in the box. OK it was a foul, but a yellow card was harsh.

In terms of our own showing it was great to see 6 different scorers - the pick being Danks' guided header from what was simply a superb cross from Hay (not bad for a centre forward!)

Good to see Haynes have the confidence to shoot from distance for the final goal and Durrell being rewarded for a MOM showing with a goal from the spot.

Thanks to Tony Breedon for stepping in - he had very little to do, but we were all glad to see him in the shirt today and it must have given our lads some reassurance. His distribution was unerringly accurate and first class

The team spirit was shown when Danks went off - good to see him being congratulated by his team mates after the stick he got last week

Well done lads - keep up the good work. A stern test awaits at Worksop next week

A decent crows of 441 for a Saturday before Christmas with a handful of away fans. I was 2 out with my prediction - losing my touch!!
:scratchhead:
si attiker

Post by si attiker »

Nobody had a bad game and I agree that the effort and workrate was first class.Elliott was also my MoM.When you consider the players who were unavailable today it shows the strength in depth of what appears to be a very tightly knit squad.Ben slotted in just like he had never been away and Tony Breeden was a more than able stand in for Dan - thanks Tony.
Clem back on his game and Jay Denny rewarded for all of his hard work with a goal - what energy,he never seems to stop running.
Well done lads.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Everyone on their game - Bails MoM for me, awesome performance from a lad who's been kicking his heels on the bench

Couldn't have gone better (OK, we might have kept a clean sheet, but you can't have everything) - got the game on and lots of suspensions out of the way, won by a 5-goal margin, 6 different scorers, unearthed another new striker in Andre Landell who could be a real asset (I've little doubt he'll start in a much-changed side on Tuesday night) - and BTW to have a bench that strong despite FOUR lads out suspended ain't bad, is it - no yellow cards or injuries, Brinner was there to watch and is hoping for snow before Boxing Day.....

.... and, as he's always promised he would do if the need arose, RS found us a quality stand-in keeper.... who will be going back to Kidder and telling Burry what a great side we have (I'm sure he knows already)..... but how much we want for our best player(s) which they can't afford....

:lol:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Jas

Post by Jas »

Elliot Durrell won the sponsors MoM award, well deserved.

Having said that I agree with Glyn, Bails was unbelievably good. I'm part of Bails fan club anyway but yesterday he showed that he is still improving (obviously working on his ball control with Clemmo!).

Great to see Danks get a quality goal.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Jas wrote:Elliot Durrell won the sponsors MoM award, well deserved.

Having said that I agree with Glyn, Bails was unbelievably good. I'm part of Bails fan club anyway but yesterday he showed that he is still improving (obviously working on his ball control with Clemmo!).

Great to see Danks get a quality goal.

unbelievably good.

You've been listening to Alan Hansen too much!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Just to reiterate:

Official (crows) = 441

Radio Glyn est (crows) = 487

Radio Perton Pitman est (crows) = 439
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Del wrote:Just to reiterate:

Official (crows) = 441

... and your point is?

:x :doh: :mrgreen:

I handed out 487 leaflets yesterday, so I'm half-right

Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote:
Del wrote:Just to reiterate:

Official (crows) = 441

... and your point is?

:x :doh: :mrgreen:

I handed out 487 leaflets yesterday, so I'm half-right

My point is I like to see (crows) on the page!!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Scouring the MS site for their post-match reaction

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/mickleoversports

Mickeover Christmas Dinner at Pride Park - very impressive - one person attending - not so good!!

:roll: :clap: :mrgreen:

Don't think their match report is online yet (not a user-friendly site!)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/mickleove ... o-943.html

... but they have signed Emeka Nwadike (you may have noticed)

:roll:
Scramble Harry

Post by Scramble Harry »

Nwadike is a quality player and a nice chap too. I had a brief chat with him after the game about his short stay at Keys Park. He reckoned it was him that kept us up that season, but he didn't show that kind of form yesterday! Our stand in keeper would now doubt have enjoyed a match involving Hednesford for a change. Wasn't that him who we clattered at Leamington a while back?

Our defence was again superb, apart from the secondary lapse in concentration when we conceded. I think Bails was dominant and didn't look anything other than comfortable. Kyle got my MOM. I think he has undoubtedly improved 10 fold since the start of the season. His defending, tracking back and tackling was fantastic and his scorcher of a goal was very well deserved. Gary Hay was an extra dimension and is an excellent crosser of the ball. Danksy's goal was superb - what a header!

I can't really fault the performance at all, very impressive and with the transfer window approaching the scouts will continue to come and watch and no doubt try to steal our players away.
"I never said it was going to be easy"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Scramble Harry wrote:Nwadike is a quality player and a nice chap too. I had a brief chat with him after the game about his short stay at Keys Park. He reckoned it was him that kept us up that season, but he didn't show that kind of form yesterday! Our stand in keeper would now doubt have enjoyed a match involving Hednesford for a change. Wasn't that him who we clattered at Leamington a while back?
Our defence was again superb, apart from the secondary lapse in concentration when we conceded. I think Bails was dominant and didn't look anything other than comfortable. Kyle got my MOM. I think he has undoubtedly improved 10 fold since the start of the season. His defending, tracking back and tackling was fantastic and his scorcher of a goal was very well deserved. Gary Hay was an extra dimension and is an excellent crosser of the ball. Danksy's goal was superb - what a header!

I can't really fault the performance at all, very impressive and with the transfer window approaching the scouts will continue to come and watch and no doubt try to steal our players away.

No that was a young lad who was on loan from Coventry City if my memory is correct. He did play against us last season though.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Scott wrote:
Scramble Harry wrote:Nwadike is a quality player and a nice chap too. I had a brief chat with him after the game about his short stay at Keys Park. He reckoned it was him that kept us up that season, but he didn't show that kind of form yesterday! Our stand in keeper would now doubt have enjoyed a match involving Hednesford for a change. Wasn't that him who we clattered at Leamington a while back?

No that was a young lad who was on loan from Coventry City if my memory is correct. He did play against us last season though.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

Scott wrote:

I think the goalkeeper in you are thinking of was Carl Pentney who was on loan from Leicester City, Scott.
Scott

Post by Scott »

TerryMc wrote:
Scott wrote:

I think the goalkeeper in you are thinking of was Carl Pentney who was on loan from Leicester City, Scott.
That's the one Terry!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Another good solid workmanlike performance made even more so by the fact we had four regulars missing due to suspension. Some good goals and excellent finishing were the order of the day against a Mickleover side, who if they had have concentrated on their football, could have made it a difficult afternoon for us.
Some good individual performances too from Kyle Haynes, his stamina up and down the right flank is incredible, capped by a terrific strike for the sixth. Cheyenne Dunkley playing like a seasoned pro again, belying his tender years. Jay Denny, his box to box workrate is astonishing. Unfortunately he appears to have his little click of moaners (where do these idiots come from) and to those people I will say watch the midfield struggle in a game he doesn't play in. A band of us have nicknamed him ronseal 'cause he does what it says on the tin every game, keep going Jay you're a star.
Jamey Osborne, tigerish and tenacious as ever. Gary Hay and Mark Danks both a real handful, and a wonderful header from Danksy for his goal. Elliott Durrell now getting back to his best with games under his belt after a long lay off.
However MOM for me was Ben Bailey,it's not easy when you've warmed the bench for most of the season but Bails took his chance and produced a near faultless display which typifies the attitude and committment he has.

So half the league season is complete and a special word must go to the management team of Rob Smith, Larry Chambers and coach Steve Wynn. How do you guys achieve this phenomenal success wherever you go? Long may it continue, at the start of the season your objectives were the play offs, I would say we are on target for that and hopefully more - Thanks Guys
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Personally I've not heard any criticism of Denny, but the guy makes our side tick. I don't pretend to be a great authority on football, but Denny is indispensible in my view.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Perton Pitman wrote:Personally I've not heard any criticism of Denny, but the guy makes our side tick. I don't pretend to be a great authority on football, but Denny is indispensible in my view.
A couple of people on the halfway line (and not everyone over that side I must add as the majority are right behind the team) have made Jay the boo boy this season for some reason. Hence why he named his horse in the Race Night on Saturday evening - Captain Marvel - which was one shout of abuse that he had received in a game. Keep going Jay, the majority of the crowd can see what you do for this team. :clap:
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

Scott wrote:
Perton Pitman wrote:Personally I've not heard any criticism of Denny, but the guy makes our side tick. I don't pretend to be a great authority on football, but Denny is indispensible in my view.
A couple of people on the halfway line (and not everyone over that side I must add as the majority are right behind the team) have made Jay the boo boy this season for some reason. Hence why he named his horse in the Race Night on Saturday evening - Captain Marvel - which was one shout of abuse that he had received in a game. Keep going Jay, the majority of the crowd can see what you do for this team. :clap:
Mark Danks has also attracted 'the wrong kind of support' from some on the terraces, hence his little show of aggression after scoring that marvellous headed goal on Saturday.
What are some of these people on? This team is the finest team that we have had since 'the glory days' under John Baldwin, with a genuine chance of gaining promotion, I cannot understand why some individuals think that it is clever to single out a player for some of their brand of 'support'.

I know that the vast majority of people at the games are loyal supporters of the team and that it is a small minority of 'rather vocal' types that make themselves heard above the crowd.
You know what they say about 'empty vessels' though!
:doh:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Yes I can understand that what Jay brings to the team is not spectacular (but nonetheless essential) while the stuff shouted at Danksy in the first half seemed ludicrous given the skill and effort he brings to the team.
Still nice to see that for once the officials were not subject to much abuse - though we can't expect them to be quite so kind every match. Actually thought the linesman for the end we were attacking first half was exceptionally good.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Highlights here

(I'm sure Jon will post them on the usual forum in due course, but no harm in us having a sneak preview)

I'll have to watch them tomorrow, it's Christmas and it's been a long day, but that will be a nice way to start my 20 minutes of leisure time tomorrow

:roll: :mrgreen:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Having reviewed the highlights it seems that the ref was absolutely right to send off the lardy number 8 for a really nasty forearm smash. Thuggery at its worst so well done ref!!!

THought we were a little lucky with the decision for the free kick which led up to the third goal and I'm still not convinced about the second yellow for centre half - no intent at all.

The lads all looked really lively with some excellent ball carrying from our midfield trio of Denny, Clem and Ozzy.

We have a very strong squad at the moment, but we will need everyone to stay fit and in form over the next 6 or 7 weeks with a string of very tough games to come which will go along way to determining how the season pans out
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Some coruscating football and some well-taken goals - and having watched McAughtrie's part in the second and third goals (nowhere for Danksy's header and left for dead by Hay) maybe it's just as well he decided to ply his trade elsewhere when he had the chance to join us in the summer...

:twisted: