Welsh Cup

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Welsh Cup

Post by Glyn »

Just having a discussion with my Welsh friends about the Welsh Cup, where the FAW have allowed Wrexham and Newport back in this season (Cardiff and Swansea were invited but declined) despite them playing their league football in the English pyramid - but the fixtures have clashed with English FA Cup and Conference fixtures, hence the exiles have put out second-string teams, rather defeating the object

Anyway, it prompted me to look up this (excellent) site.... click on whichever link takes your fancy!!

;)

http://www.wfda.co.uk/welsh_cup_winners ... rsWins=124

Here are some clues!

http://www.wfda.co.uk/welshcup_final_detail.php?id=105

http://www.wfda.co.uk/welsh_cup.php?id=105

Now, I've seen TNS play at Haverfordwest, but how many of you Hednesford fans made the trip??

:shock:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Soup Dragon

Re: Welsh Cup

Post by Soup Dragon »

I did!
The game was boring, and we had 'The Phantom Farter' all the way back, on the coach.
Memorable to say the least!
It took me years to understand "here's" from "hears", so their you go!
Del

Post by Del »

Soup Dragon wrote:I did!
The game was boring, and we had 'The Phantom Farter' all the way back, on the coach.
Memorable to say the least!

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

Now, I've seen TNS play at Haverfordwest, but how many of you Hednesford fans made the trip??

:shock:[/quote]

I did and blimey it was a lot of work before and after. The worst problem about it was the fact that
Haverfordwest tried to claim overnight expense for travelling to us for a midweek game, well they did not stop overnight, I soon put the stopper on that. I just got the feeling that WFA did not like it. (redcard)
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

I have to say that the Welsh FA are not my favourite organisation, We did really good for the sale of tickets for the Cup Final. but, the disappointment was not only losing (especially the way we did). but our receipts from thee FA come nowhere near the amount we sent them for the tickets we sold and cash sent to them talk about an FA officials night out as mentioned on a previous thread. also Yorath was there in the Board room afterwards, he was very impressed with Burry, as we all were. unfortuanately his age went against him
Soup Dragon

Post by Soup Dragon »

Yes, we were certainly robbed of a penalty by a biased Welsh Referee, who was frightened to give it. Not that I am still bitter and twisted about it 19 years on…... :cry:
But I still feel certain that we upset a lot of Welshmen by purely reaching the Final, at the expense of Colwyn Bay, so I suppose we shouldn't complain too much.
It took me years to understand "here's" from "hears", so their you go!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

..I think that the fact that half of the match programme was printed in Welsh set the tone! I remeber being sat up in the gods right at the back of the stand (top tier) before the stadium had been redeveloped. It's probably the only time I've come close to getting vertigo.

Obviously the semi-final at Colwyn Bay was much more memorable!!
:scratchhead: