MATCH REVIEWS - Matlock Town - HTFC

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

MATCH REVIEWS - Matlock Town - HTFC

Post by Glyn »

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Re: MATCH REVIEWS - Matlock Town - HTFC

Post by Del »

Matlock Town 1 - 2 Pitmen Image

Please vote for your Man of the Match here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=217
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Back with more detail later

Thoroughly professional performance and a deserved win

Matlock came at us hard initially but their efforts foundered on a rock-solid back four, Che and Shaw tremendous (3 late tackles ON Che, yet the Matlock players were whingeing when he once went in hard), but Pele shades MoM for me with an awesome performance

Lots of Ronseals, Jay, Kyle, Camps, Clemmo and Ossie (who shows as ever tremendous promise and makes up for the closer attention Clemmo is now receiving), Big Marv and Elliott who scampered all over the pitch, ran their defence ragged and won us the penalty

Craney little or no chance with the goal or the shot which immediately preceded it and hit the post (think of Salisbury's "worldy" in the play-off final) but otherwise safe and sound

Onwards and upwards!
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

I can't add too much to Glyns succinct summary above, other than to say that the midfield worked extremely hard last night and made up for the rather lacklustre performance at Stocksbridge when we had a major 'off day'!
As expected, (by me anyway), Rob and Larry worked their magic and lifted the team after Saturday to put in a fine performance at a place which has not been a happy hunting ground for us in the past and will be a difficult place to go for the other play-off/title contenders. Matlock are a good side and have strengthened in recent weeks, bringing in players like Danny Davidson, who was well controlled by Che and Pedro last night and (IMO) outshone by our Big Marvin!
We are in a good position in the league and there is little sign of our talented squad running out of steam, although we do have to negotiate our way through a difficult period with suspensions to come.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

A bit more as promised....

Brilliant. The more so because we owed them.... and because when the lights went out I feared my journey (which resulted in me getting two hours sleep last night) would be wasted, and we might have to go up there and win it again!

Echoing Terry's comments, they're a decent side (as our previous failure to beat them in three attempts shows) so yes, glad we don't have to face them again this season and have taken four points off them in the league, and while we can still say we should have won the home game by a clear margin, we'll settle for that

Shades of Buxton, a very warm welcome at the turnstile and at the refreshment bar, then in what one might think of as a genteel town the locals were giving it some, seems we're dirty southern ba*tards this season as opposed to dirty northern ones last term.... yet several of their players were shirt-pulling, late-tackling, ref-baiting from the outset

Oh, and plenty of bad language from the locals on and off the pitch, which makes the presence of the police because of the uncouth visitors all the more laughable

Hey ho, a truly enjoyable night

One significant factor for me was that when it came time to make substitutions young Lewis was the first into the fray, leaving Danksy and Jevo on the bench - that in itself suggests how highly Rob and Larry must rate this lad, and he looked mature beyond his years in what he did in both halves of the field

:clap: :)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Official Site report online in record time and spot on

http://www.hednesfordfc.co.uk/
Mark

Post by Mark »

I didn't realise the red card was for dissent, I thought it was for the handball.

I have to say it was a great performance last night considering what happened against Stocksbridge and suspensions starting to creep in. 44 points up to the end of November is a phenomenal performance!
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

Mark wrote:44 points up to the end of November is a phenomenal performance!
I think that we have avoided relegation!
:clap:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Mark wrote:I didn't realise the red card was for dissent, I thought it was for the handball.
The highlights will confirm but I'm pretty sure it was one of the centre-halves who handled it and the sub who "contested the decision"

:twisted:

As I saw it Elliott's cross hit the guy on the knee or thigh then bounced up to his hand. I've seen them given, and I've seen them not given. But after last Saturday we'll take whatever refs choose to give us....
Mark

Post by Mark »

TerryMc wrote:
Mark wrote:44 points up to the end of November is a phenomenal performance!
I think that we have avoided relegation!
:clap:
Job done!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Match abandoned because of floodlight failure...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16013678.stm

Rings a bell! No danger of fire in the floodlight pylons at Matlock though, it was too piggin cold

:|
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

Glyn wrote:Match abandoned because of floodlight failure...

Rings a bell! No danger of fire in the floodlight pylons at Matlock though, it was too piggin cold

Strictly speaking it was not floodlight failure at Matlock but a local power cut that put out all of the lights, including the streetlights.
I thought that they did very well to only lose ten minutes in getting the match back underway, it would almost certainly have taken longer at Keys Park, as the floodlights need longer to cool sufficiently to be able to restart them.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

TerryMc wrote:
Glyn wrote:Match abandoned because of floodlight failure...

Strictly speaking it was not floodlight failure at Matlock but a local power cut that put out all of the lights, including the streetlights.
I thought that they did very well to only lose ten minutes in getting the match back underway, it would almost certainly have taken longer at Keys Park, as the floodlights need longer to cool sufficiently to be able to restart them.
Fair comment Terry, and they were very quick with the PA announcement as to why it had happened, and there was sufficient background lighting to ensure there wasn't a H&S problem even before the "training lights" came on. No complaints whetever about they way they handled it