FAC 2QR Carlton Town v Pitmen MATCH REVIEWS

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

FAC 2QR Carlton Town v Pitmen MATCH REVIEWS

Post by Glyn »

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

:twisted:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Re: FAC 2QR Carlton Town v Pitmen MATCH REVIEWS

Post by Del »

Carlton Town 0 - 1 Pitmen
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Very poor first half, some improvement second half, then sealed the win late on.

The manager will know we will have to play a lot better against whoever we play next, but at least we're through.

So, that's England's egg-chasing victory dealt with then......

:roll: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Deja vu at CTFC, awful pitch, awful ref, home team didn't force a save from Dan all afternoon (he held onto a few long-range free-kicks and crosses), and we really struggled to pass or control the ball on aforementioned awful hard and bumpy surface (which should, surely, have been extensively watered during the week, it didn't do the home team any favours either)

Hey ho, we persevered, and among the few plusses were Dan's latest clean sheet, Shaw, Clements and Denny all turning in Ronseal performances, Jay did well to win the penalty and Chris converted it coolly

And we have a week off to get the players rested and fit for next Saturday - at the last count, we had Wellers, Camps, Hay and Durrell all less than fully fit, I think.....?

:|
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

Todays game.

1. We won.
2. Jay Denny played well.
3. They sold bottles of Brakspear Gold in their Clubhouse.
4. They let you drink them on the terraces.
5. Stafford lost to Stratford.

That is all.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Not happy bunnies on the Strangers forum. I had to laugh at the warped humour shown by one reply to a post which was discussing admission fees for juniors for yesterday's game
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The Beerhunter wrote:Todays game.

1. We won.
2. Jay Denny played well.
3. They sold bottles of Brakspear Gold in their Clubhouse.
4. They let you drink them on the terraces.
5. Stafford lost to Stratford.

That is all.
"Post of the Month" on the new forum so far!! :lol:

- and you missed a bit of MOTD to do it!!

:clap:

Possibly the highlight of my day, on the way back down the A42, was seeing a car parked in a layby on the northbound carriageway, facing south. Just how do they do that?!

:roll: :? :think: :evil:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

CTFC's only-ever-so-slightly-one-eyed match report here

http://www.carltontownfc.co.uk/pgs/reports.php

:shock:

Erm, the turning point of the game was actually when Wellers was clogged out of the game within 5 seconds of the kick-off; the ref did nothing about that, likewise numerous yellow-card offences which went unpunished by cards or even, in some cases, by free-kicks

Oh, and it was Jay Denny who was brought down for the penalty. But let's not worry about minor details, eh? That wouldn't be like me....

:roll: :twisted:
Scramble Harry

Post by Scramble Harry »

The only real highlight of the day for me was being able to bask in the sunshine, when we should have been able to bask in the glory of a spectacular win!

When we arrived, the fella manning the turnstiles didn't have a lot of change and didn't have any programmes! These arrived a short time later and were well received. Nice large clubhouse serving draft, bottles and cans. Sky Sports on about 5 different screens and very friendly staff. Not a lot else you can ask for as a travelling fan is there?

Cheapish, if not spectacularly tasty fare from the kitchen was enough to nourish for a period while soaking up any remaining alcohol, and after a dead rabbit, but not the dog s**t was picked up and moved from behind the goal we could start and watch the game. In the end we ended up watching the ref, because he was the only person doing (and saying) anything notable on the pitch.

We were't playing a particularly difficult team, but we were playing a difficult pitch. We struggled to create much and our only threat looked like coming from corners and free-kicks. With the bar open all day and drinks in plastic glasses everyone was still enjoying the day though.

Both teams created more in the second half without looking dangerous but the kids playing football behind the goal did more then anyone on the full size pitch. Clemmo took his penalty well after Jay launched himself when running towards the corner flag.

A potential banana skin has been thrown in the compost bin and in the FA Cup winning ugly is sometimes all it takes.
"I never said it was going to be easy"
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Interesting to note as well is the fact that since we went 4-4-2 we have only conceded 2 goals in 5 games, compared to 10 in the previous 5 games.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
papa smurf

Post by papa smurf »

We have a home draw against histon or Corby town in the third round on the 15th. I would have started a new thread but I am on my phone so what you gonna do
Del

Post by Del »

papa smurf wrote:We have a home draw against histon or Corby town in the third round on the 15th. I would have started a new thread but I am on my phone so what you gonna do

I have started one for you!! :mrgreen:

http://benchoma.co.uk/htfcsa/forum/view ... ?f=11&t=49
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith wrote:Interesting to note as well is the fact that since we went 4-4-2 we have only conceded 2 goals in 5 games, compared to 10 in the previous 5 games.
Good point well made

;)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

HTFC Official Site match report now online

http://www.hednesfordfc.co.uk/component ... own-1.html

(I've spotted it.... :roll: :twisted: )
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/inde ... &nid=79061

Flippin eck. Scott warned us before last weekend's game about cars being broken into, seems they have a problem with the local criminal fraternity....
FOZZIE

Post by FOZZIE »

Looks like it we go ahead after all.

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/inde ... &nid=79065
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/inde ... &nid=79128

I've every sympathy for Carlton after the dreadful arson attack.... but "controversial FA Cup defeat to Hednesford...." - excuse me?

:think: :doh: :| :x