Match REVIEWS - HTFC v Chester, the Doodson Sport Cup

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Match REVIEWS - HTFC v Chester, the Doodson Sport Cup

Post by Glyn »

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Re: Match REVIEWS - HTFC v Chester, the Doodson Sport Cup

Post by Del »

Pitmen 3 - 1 Chester

Please vote for your MotM here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=174&p=1688#p1688
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Thought Chester bossed the first half and they could easily have gone in a couple of goals to the good. Second half we largely nullifed the threat and the game become more sedate as a result. Well taken goals from Danks (Elliot takes credit for a super run for the first) and the young kid at the end. Bailey played well for me.

The last 16 now so we should hope for a decent draw as it would be nice to win one cup this season.

Well done lads!
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Worth mentioning that Wellers and the Chester lad were both a bit daft and got what they deserved even if no punches were thrown.

I was only 1 out on my crows estimate so that is something for Glyn to aim for (I did mention to Del that I would revisit my original estimate once the bar had emptied)!! :mrgreen:
Jas

Post by Jas »

Jamie Osbourne played a blinder has to be a MoM contender.

The third goal from a sixteen year old youth team helped highlight that Keith Holmes has built a cracking Youth team, I've been to a couple of their Wednesday night games and it's been well
worth the effort.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Echoing comments on Facebook -

a) a really enjoyable (if piggin cold!) evening, two teams both playing the right way, despite the best efforts of the officials (another ref who doesn't see offside flags - if they can't get the basics right.... :roll: )

b) Hardly anyone in the ground saw how it started, as the ball was on the halfway line - the person with the best view was in fact Ms Rashid, and although she came over to assist the ref (as did the other lino) I didn't see her actually speak to him.

The end was certainly Horan with Wellers in a headlock and the latter trying to free himself. But whoever did what to whom - and the consensus was that, if he didn't see it either (and I don't believe he did), the common sense reaction from the ref would have been a talking-to or two yellows (though hey, it might have carried on on the pitch rather than off it!) - we face four games without a key striker (and Chester without their captain and one of their most experienced players), hopefully two of them might be cup games...

c) Had a really good chat with two Chester fans at half-time, talking a lot of sense. Don't think they'd have been too disappointed to lose out in the end, less fixture congestion for the losers... (and BTW I can't make SPS Saturday week so I'll be taking in a stronger Chester eleven at Stourbridge in the Trophy, will be interesting to compare)

d) Yes, Amani did really well, the composure and confidence with which he put his goal away reflected the confidence he must have derived from playing in a successful Youth Team

e) OCD re the moaners I'm afraid, yet again - good article in When Saturday Comes about it recently (can't find the article online but I brought copies of it to some people at the SA meeting last week) - every club has them. Wish they'd stay home, we don't need "supporters" like that. Moaning last night started at 1-0 UP with our pre-match planning wrecked by the red cards - and against a very good away team. I ask you...

Oh, and if you're going to be an amateur coach from the sidelines, shout something helpful like "man on", "shoulders", or "time", not "WATCH THE NUMBER ELEVEN" which means absolutely nothing to a player behind whom the number eleven is standing....

:roll: :doh:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

I see that Pics beat Chasetwon with a goal at the end of extra time - given that they had a 15-minute delay due to floodlight failure, I reckon they must have finished about 10.45pm?!

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/inde ... &nid=80124

Some poor crowds last night

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/results.php

including ours - why wouldn't you come and watch two of the most attractive teams in the league? Surely not to watch England on tv?!

They'll all be there for the final...

:roll:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Chester report here

http://www.chesterfc.com/page/MatchRepo ... 30,00.html

Fair enough. Not sure about the (crows) figure though! :think: :liar:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

...come and stand behind the goal - less moaning there!

Really bad that people still moan when we are doing so well. Chester played really well in the first half and we have to accept that sometimes we will be second best. The lads dug in however and that says a lot for their spirit and effort. If we weren't giving 100% then I could understand why some would moan, but clearly the lads are busting a gut so please get behind them.

Forgot about Ozzy - yes, he had a superb game!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote:...come and stand behind the goal - less moaning there!
I make you right! I did pass among you on the way from my usual side to the other, but found I needed binoculars to see the action at the far end...

.... and I wanted to get up close and personal with Ms Rashid....

;) :roll:

(You wouldn't think that pc stuff with Keys and Gray at Molineux had ever happened, to hear some of the remarks being aimed in her direction - not from me, I hasten to add, again!!)

:mrgreen: