Car parking at Keys Park

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Car parking at Keys Park

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Re: Car parking at Keys Park

Post by Lee K »

I don’t think there is any need for “just” when it comes to paying £3 for parking especially when I’ve already parked this season on club car parks at Nantwich, Runcorn and Rugby for nowt.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

To be perfectly honest if this is how they treat supporters I won't be parking at the stadium again. For too long we've had to suffer that clay mud bath at the Hednesford end and having to pay a fiver to clean my car after every game. Now they expect us to do the same at Heath Hayes end.
To all at the club this is not a good move.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Hoggie

Post by Hoggie »

Lee K wrote: Thu Sep 19 2024 6:47 pm I don’t think there is any need for “just” when it comes to paying £3 for parking especially when I’ve already parked this season on club car parks at Nantwich, Runcorn and Rugby for nowt.
I have to agree, you shouldn't have to pay to park your car to watch your football team. Why else are you parking there.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Some clubs will charge to park on-site and others will not. I wouldn't say that we are necessarily out of step with other clubs. Luckily I have no mobility issues so I park a few minutes walk from the ground and perhaps the club (if it doesn't already) could make concessions for blue badge holders
:scratchhead:
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

Just over a year ago we almost had no club /team/ ground and any parking area with everything else likely to be bulldozed for housing
Credit to those at HTFC for listening and acting to provide for pre booked parking especially for less able fans but also extending it to all who wish to take up the choice to pay to park.
Charging for Blue Badge holders is not uncommon.
Pre booking is for the new car park area and will guarantee a space and a clean car.
The owners have already spent significantly on the new car park area the ground and building and of course the squad/management.I'm not sure that in all those circumstances a £3 charge should be an issue. The club acknowledge some other areas of the car park will need some improvement.
Del

Post by Del »

stonnall pitman wrote: Fri Sep 20 2024 1:37 pm Just over a year ago we almost had no club /team/ ground and any parking area with everything else likely to be bulldozed for housing
Credit to those at HTFC for listening and acting to provide for pre booked parking especially for less able fans but also extending it to all who wish to take up the choice to pay to park.
Maybe ... but at least we had commentary for away matches during those troubled times - now....nothing!! :evil:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

Del wrote: Fri Sep 20 2024 1:45 pm
stonnall pitman wrote: Fri Sep 20 2024 1:37 pm Just over a year ago we almost had no club /team/ ground and any parking area with everything else likely to be bulldozed for housing
Maybe ... but at least we had commentary for away matches during those troubled times - now....nothing!! :evil:
On another thread where I raised this point about parking which has been actioned I also asked about commentary. Maybe time for a gentle reminder as they also have followed up on the tickets for Shifnal game -I hope that this also is on the agenda too.