Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Oilman

Re: Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

Post by Oilman »

Well he's Burton x Manager now
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Not Dino Maamria?

God please no
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

pitmanpipe wrote: Sat May 25 2024 3:11 pm Not Dino Maamria?

God please no
Martin Paterson.

You’re a bit behind the times pipe…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Oilman wrote: Sat May 25 2024 1:46 pm Well he's Burton x Manager now
Paterson was sacked as Burton manager yesterday mate
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

The Tividale manager has resigned today. Shall we add him into the mix?
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Lee K wrote: Sat May 25 2024 4:05 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Sat May 25 2024 3:11 pm Not Dino Maamria?

God please no
Martin Paterson.

You’re a bit behind the times pipe…
I certainly am! I wasn’t even aware Paterson had been sacked. It was a strange decision by Burton in the first to hire a manager with no experience to guide them away from relegation
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

I have been posting potentially relevant managerial changes on the thread of that name.

https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/for ... php?t=4116

Can't post them here too, duplicate posting isn't allowed :-D
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Arrows87 wrote: Sat May 25 2024 11:15 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Sat May 25 2024 10:47 am
Arrows87 wrote: Sat May 25 2024 10:40 am According to the book of faces, we dont need to look much further than burton for the name of the new manager, this is pure speculation though
And what an awful gamble that would be providing the rookie is prepared to drop FIVE levels.
Well bix_the_dog wanted rumours 🤣
Not disappointed :P
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Personal opinion, but I want someone who knows how to manage at non-league level, is tactically astute, can attract good quality step 3 to the cub etc.

We don't need a name, we need someone fairly local who knows who the good players are in the region we should be signing and has a track record of success at step 3.
:scratchhead:
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

Something of a left field and nothing other than he's available how about Kevin Phillips did a great job at South Shields and a job at Hartlepool. Used to live in the area.
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Oilman wrote: Sun May 26 2024 7:22 pm Something of a left field and nothing other than he's available how about Kevin Phillips did a great job at South Shields and a job at Hartlepool. Used to live in the area.
He left the pool in april so cant see why he wouldnt have been announced. Certainly wouldnt mind phillips though.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Oilman wrote: Sun May 26 2024 7:22 pm Something of a left field and nothing other than he's available how about Kevin Phillips did a great job at South Shields and a job at Hartlepool. Used to live in the area.
I saw him at Blues last game of the season against Norwich. I should have asked him…
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Hoggie

Post by Hoggie »

Bit of a story, but this is the first time I've posted having watched from afar for many years. Having previous been involved in non league I've been away for a number years and haven't done anything on Saturday's for a number of years So I was persuaded to venture to Keys Park for the first time last season and was extremely impressed with the facilties and the support. Despite it being a poor season I have seriously been considering buying a season ticket for next year. Off the field I think the club could be on the verge of big things. I'm about 80% certain I'll get a season ticket, but the right managerial appointment could swing it for me. As such I have desperately been trying to find out who the new manager could possible be. I too have heard it maybe Kevin Phillips. Isn't his son on Wolves books?
Penguin2

Post by Penguin2 »

He used to live in Longdon
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I'd heard he has recently moved back to live in the area.
Although only a rumour Phillips appointment would be an interesting one. He's a well respected and popular man in football. His work at South Shields his first managerial job was impressive winning the NPL in his only full season there after losing the play offs the previous year. The fact he was outed one week after winning the NPL was a strange one and has never been fully explained but if you read this link reading between the lines I would say it was a budget issue.

https://www.southshieldsfc.co.uk/post/k ... e%20course.

Six months later in January this year he rocked up at Hartlepool and after a decent sixteen game spell he again lost his job on April.27th under strange circumstances. See link below.

https://talksport.com/football/1845414/ ... -phillips/

If it is KP I don't see why we have a problem over the timing of the appointment though as he is not currently employed. Personally.I can't see our next manager is him but I wouldn't be against it.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Kevin Philips was mentioned a while ago on the terraces. Whoever it is they will be starting with a clean slate and expectations will be high, but football is a funny old game as they say.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Hoggie wrote: Sun May 26 2024 8:22 pm Bit of a story, but this is the first time I've posted having watched from afar for many years. Having previous been involved in non league I've been away for a number years and haven't done anything on Saturday's for a number of years So I was persuaded to venture to Keys Park for the first time last season and was extremely impressed with the facilties and the support. Despite it being a poor season I have seriously been considering buying a season ticket for next year. Off the field I think the club could be on the verge of big things. I'm about 80% certain I'll get a season ticket, but the right managerial appointment could swing it for me. As such I have desperately been trying to find out who the new manager could possible be. I too have heard it maybe Kevin Phillips. Isn't his son on Wolves books?
Fair play to you for coming down last season, but just buy the season ticket anyway. THis season will be better than last and you've obviously enjoyed coming to games for the camaraderie if nothing else. You don't need a 'name' to persuade you to buy a season ticket, you love it!
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I heard Kevin Philips on a podcast last week, he was saying he spends the majority of his time in the North East has that me where his girlfriend is from.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Mon May 27 2024 9:05 am I heard Kevin Philips on a podcast last week, he was saying he spends the majority of his time in the North East has that me where his girlfriend is from.
Looks like I've been given duff info on his locality then 🫣
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon May 27 2024 6:16 am I'd heard he has recently moved back to live in the area.
Although only a rumour Phillips appointment would be an interesting one. He's a well respected and popular man in football. His work at South Shields his first managerial job was impressive winning the NPL in his only full season there after losing the play offs the previous year. The fact he was outed one week after winning the NPL was a strange one and has never been fully explained but if you read this link reading between the lines I would say it was a budget issue.

https://www.southshieldsfc.co.uk/post/k ... e%20course.

Six months later in January this year he rocked up at Hartlepool and after a decent sixteen game spell he again lost his job on April.27th under strange circumstances. See link below.

https://talksport.com/football/1845414/ ... -phillips/

If it is KP I don't see why we have a problem over the timing of the appointment though as he is not currently employed. Personally.I can't see our next manager is him but I wouldn't be against it.
KP does have many local connections he was enjoying a night out in a Lichfield pub last Saturday and has retained a house in a nearby village. It may not be KP time will tell.
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

If the first new signing of the season is from chester i wonder if the new manager/coach has already worked with him.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
KT Pitmen

Post by KT Pitmen »

There are few rumours going around about Matthew Barnes-Homer is the one going to be appointed.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

KT Pitmen wrote: Mon May 27 2024 9:39 pm There are few rumours going around about Matthew Barnes-Homer is the one going to be appointed.
From what i've heard, MBH won't be number 1, but will be part of the backroom staff
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

just wait until friday
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say