Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 22 2024 9:00 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:25 am
Ross wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:10 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:29 pm
njp wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:02 pm I’ve just had an enlightening conversation with Jack Kelly who has asked me to post the following on here to update fans. He has told me that we should not get excited for the retained list as we will not be retaining any of the players. Apparently there was a list of players the club wanted to keep including grif, thorley, Kelly and mcquilkin but the new incoming manager supposedly does not want to keep anyone on and wants an entirely new start. They were given the option to take part in a trial game which I am being led to believe that none of them wanted to do feeling as if they should not have to prove themselves in this way being senior members of the team. As well as this I was told that Paul Moore only had limited choice over player selection in games. Jack has told me to send his best wishes to us as fans and to say that he enjoyed his time at the club and thinks we as fans are brilliant. I’m not one to post rumours and I would not be posting this at all if he had not asked me to convey this and I had not heard it from him directly.
I'm allowing this post to remain at the moment but it is littered with unfounded and unproveable allegations which could cause this forum consequences, I am expecting a call from the club to remove it and to be honest I couldn't blame them.
Not just yourself njp but everyone else please beware of what you post when it can be construed as pure hearsay which is what this is.

I thought this was an independent forum?

If we can’t talk about things related to the club regardless of hearsay or not then the forum is completely pointless.

It’s no wonder the forum gets such low engagement with statements like “I’m allowing this post to remain”. We’re a step 4 football club not the MOD.
If you don't like the way the forum is run don't participate,
You do nothing but moan about everything anyway as you do on FB. As owner of this site I have to be mindful of any repercussions that may come its way I, legally, will take the hit on that not the poster.
Rules and regulations are on the forum for everyone to read if you don't like it tough.
Wow aren’t you the big I am owning the forum.

Should your post not be taken down as I see it as a personal attack on me. Breaking your own forum rules not good is it.

Mind you when you have all the power you seem to feel you have being the owner of the forum I guess you’re above the rules.

I bow to the master
Gosh you are hilarious.
Give it all you've got I've got broad shoulders.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

Hi Keith i think some one has a problem👀👀👀
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

I can't see what the issue is here if the original poster (NJP) hasn't taken offence about the possibility of his post being removed can't see what the issue is. Yes be free to comment on what is posted but always keep in mind once it is written down then it is there to be used for the good and bad and given what type of society we live in today where saying hello to people can get you into trouble why risk the potential issue with the club and go back to the dark ages again. Doesn't matter who owns and runs this site if they feel it may cause an issue then we've got to accept they have the right to remove posts if they feel that this may cause a problem.

The new owners are/have already committed a lot of money to try and take us forward, yes they will make decisions that may not be right and make mistakes but I sure they want to get it right from day 1, but this may not always be the case, but I'm sure they are quick learners.
Dash

Post by Dash »

pitmanpipe wrote: Wed May 22 2024 6:34 am I’ve seen a few posts now about the “new manager” but my question….. what’s the delay in naming him?

I don’t understand, if it’s signed and sealed and he is supposedly already making squad decisions, why aren’t the club making an official announcement on his arrival?
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed May 22 2024 7:55 am It's mystifying to me too if a choice of head coach has indeed been made. Not to worry though as the DOF is probably busy recruiting the players 🤣🤣
Maybe he's still under contract at his previous club and so the announcement won't be made until that expires?

I know many players are contracted until 30th June, perhaps that also applies to the new manager?

Just a thought. ;) :think:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Dash wrote: Wed May 22 2024 12:04 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Wed May 22 2024 6:34 am I’ve seen a few posts now about the “new manager” but my question….. what’s the delay in naming him?

I don’t understand, if it’s signed and sealed and he is supposedly already making squad decisions, why aren’t the club making an official announcement on his arrival?
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed May 22 2024 7:55 am It's mystifying to me too if a choice of head coach has indeed been made. Not to worry though as the DOF is probably busy recruiting the players 🤣🤣
Maybe he's still under contract at his previous club and so the announcement won't be made until that expires?

I know many players are contracted until 30th June, perhaps that also applies to the new manager?

Could be right, but then surely he shouldn’t be having any input in the squad until his current contract is up?

Not too sure how it all works legally but surely he’d be in breach of his current contract somehow 🤷🏼‍♂️
Dash

Post by Dash »

pitmanpipe wrote: Wed May 22 2024 12:08 pm
Dash wrote: Wed May 22 2024 12:04 pm

Could be right, but then surely he shouldn’t be having any input in the squad until his current contract is up?

Not too sure how it all works legally but surely he’d be in breach of his current contract somehow 🤷🏼‍♂️
Players seem to be able to do it, so why not managers?

He'll presumably want to come in and assemble his squad sooner rather than later and before other managers/clubs get there first. That's what Hednesford fans want also!

Just sounds like normal practice to me!
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

A new manager could simply agree to players signing non contract terms(when the new season opens) and one by one replace those over the pre season
If what is being said is potentially true then in effect the new manager is being open and up front instead and challenging any player to show they want to play for the Pitmen. If what has been said is correct then they would have failed that test.
Finishing in the relegation places speaks for itself.
Doesn't the season officially end 31st May?
Dash

Post by Dash »

I know a lot of National League contracts end on 30th June, as demonstrated here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nationa ... ewerb/CNAT

But whether that date applies further down the pyramid, I don't know. It may be earlier?

Pre season signings, including non contract, don't become official until early July anyway
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

There always used to be a ruling that players couldn't be registered for a new season until the 1st June. They can sign forms before that date but the club couldn't submit the registration and make legal until then.
May have changed though I don't know.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

One way or another this makes sense!

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... uad-update
:scratchhead:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Again, one would think a manager has been appointed to have had an input in the retained list
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

The inference is that the rest of the 23/4 squad won't be seen again. I wish those that started the season, when we had nothing, and saw it through to the end all the very best
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

Endall and Rowe were to be expected as they are both on contract and we have stayed at step 4. Rowe will be excellent in my opinion and Endall is steady enough. I said I’d have kept Jervis, but wasn’t too sure if we would/could. Personally, I wouldn’t have kept Brown, but I haven’t got a massive problem as he’ll do ok. I wouldn’t have kept Gwilt because I don’t see him as a step 4 footballer. He tries, but unfortunately he’s not good enough for this level. Decisions like this make the whole thing abit of a farce when you consider who we’ve let go. For clarity, I’m not saying I’d have kept a lot of them.

Based on this statement and the information NJP shared earlier, it would seem we have a Head Coach / Manager lined up who is hopefully having a say in there decisions. We need to make this announcement ASAP.

I agree that thanks should be given to players such as Kelly and Thorley who came when we had nothing and stuck it out. If it is true that they were asked to participate in trial games, I don’t blame them for declining as it’s disrespectful in my opinion. I always thought you approached players you were interested in and asked them if they are interested, get them in for pre season to have a look etc. Then them signing or not signing is determined over the course of pre season?
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm sure the club has its reasons for retaining Gwilt!
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Hednesford Town “we want to be taken seriously”

Also Hednesford Town

Players Retained - Jacob Gwilt
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:46 pm I'm sure the club has its reasons for retaining Gwilt!
I personally think gwilt is step 4 player however i dont feel the 4231 we played last season suited Gwilt. When he wenr dual reg with wolves cassies he was one of the stand out players with his pace on the wing.

I know this will cause debate as not everyone will agree but thats my opinion

Thinking the new manager/head coach and dof must be very confident in the incoming players to only retain a handful of players.

Would like to see us keep hold of verma, kelly, griffths, farmer and maybe williams too

Utp
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

Arrows87 wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:59 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:46 pm I'm sure the club has its reasons for retaining Gwilt!
I personally think gwilt is step 4 player however i dont feel the 4231 we played last season suited Gwilt. When he wenr dual reg with wolves cassies he was one of the stand out players with his pace on the wing.

Thinking the new manager/head coach and dof must be very confident in the incoming players to only retain a handful of players.

Would like to see us keep hold of verma, kelly, griffths, farmer and maybe williams too

Utp
Football is a game of opinions. This is one of them scenarios where I’ll be quite happy to be proven wrong.

Verma will follow Harris if/when he gets another job. I’d have liked to have kept Farmer also as I think he showed promise towards the end of last season.

For me, we need to get the head coach announced this week and then see where that takes us. The appointment in itself should indicate what type of season we are in for.
Wimblebury Wanderer

Post by Wimblebury Wanderer »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:29 pm
njp wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:02 pm I’ve just had an enlightening conversation with Jack Kelly who has asked me to post the following on here to update fans. He has told me that we should not get excited for the retained list as we will not be retaining any of the players. Apparently there was a list of players the club wanted to keep including grif, thorley, Kelly and mcquilkin but the new incoming manager supposedly does not want to keep anyone on and wants an entirely new start. They were given the option to take part in a trial game which I am being led to believe that none of them wanted to do feeling as if they should not have to prove themselves in this way being senior members of the team. As well as this I was told that Paul Moore only had limited choice over player selection in games. Jack has told me to send his best wishes to us as fans and to say that he enjoyed his time at the club and thinks we as fans are brilliant. I’m not one to post rumours and I would not be posting this at all if he had not asked me to convey this and I had not heard it from him directly.
I'm allowing this post to remain at the moment but it is littered with unfounded and unproveable allegations which could cause this forum consequences, I am expecting a call from the club to remove it and to be honest I couldn't blame them.
Not just yourself njp but everyone else please beware of what you post when it can be construed as pure hearsay which is what this is.
If as explained, this has come directly from one of last season’s squad members, it’s not quite full of here-say and rumours, Jack wouldn’t ask this to be shared if he were leaving himself open to any form of… for want of better words… anything potentially libellous… there must be something in it?
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Arrows87 wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:59 pm

Utp
I saw Harry Bower play a couple of times for Whitchurch and he was excellent, but the gulf between step 4 and 5 is a chasm and I saw a fair few step 5 games last season. Let's face it , he was a weak link for us. Keeping Gwilt is a strange one, but he is the owner's nephew and he is really keen so why not I suppose?!
As for the others, Kelly was OK, but his man-marking and tracking back could have been better. We couldn't keep both Griff and Endall - one had to go and that choice was made weeks ago.
If we are serious about challenging for the play-offs we have to have a clear out as we finished second bottom for a reason and that reason was largely down to error after error that was made which led to goals being leaked.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I said a few weeks ago when having a discussion with a few mates, Griffo and Macca are club legends but if we’re to hit the heights of the owners ambition, we have to emotion aside and they aren’t good enough to get us where we want to be.

The only one of the back 4 I would have kept is Rowe, not a massive fan of Endall.

We conceded some horror goals goals last season and we need to get some real tough centre backs in.

I’m still amazed Michael McGrath didn’t get more minutes for us but let’s not look at last season anymore
KT Pitmen

Post by KT Pitmen »

Believe there is a "trial" for some of last seasons players with some invited others at Lillishall happened or happening this week....

Who are they trialling infront of - DoF I assume!!! Some players are unhappy about it I hear (Verma, Moke to name two)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

KT Pitmen wrote: Fri May 24 2024 6:23 am Believe there is a "trial" for some of last seasons players with some invited others at Lillishall happened or happening this week....

Who are they trialling infront of - DoF I assume!!! Some players are unhappy about it I hear (Verma, Moke to name two)
Yeah Verma is clearly class. The manager should already have a pretty good idea whether or not they can work with what he offers.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I don’t understand why some of our players from last season are miffed at having to trial. They should think themselves lucky to have been given a chance to prove themselves. Do they need last season’s league table to be presented to them?
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

bix_the_dog wrote: Fri May 24 2024 12:02 pm
KT Pitmen wrote: Fri May 24 2024 6:23 am Believe there is a "trial" for some of last seasons players with some invited others at Lillishall happened or happening this week....

Yeah Verma is clearly class. The manager should already have a pretty good idea whether or not they can work with what he offers.
What if the new guy lives in Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield etc etc. He will probably never have seen any of last seasons squad in sufficient action. That's probably why he wants to have a look at them. As Lee says if you look at the league table they need to count themselves lucky to be given the chance.