Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ready to go
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Perton Pitman

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

Post by Perton Pitman »

May not be the right place to do this, but I daresay there will be speculation from fans as to who should be retained by the club. It should be a very short list!
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Endall and Rowe are both under contract so one assumes they will be here for next season
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

We'll soon know once a coach is appointed and the DOF starts signing all the players :roll:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu May 16 2024 2:16 pm Endall and Rowe are both under contract so one assumes they will be here for next season
They have relegation release clauses though so maybe not if we end up at Step 5
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

pitmanpipe wrote: Thu May 16 2024 5:48 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Thu May 16 2024 2:16 pm Endall and Rowe are both under contract so one assumes they will be here for next season
Is that a fact?
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu May 16 2024 8:12 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Thu May 16 2024 5:48 pm
Is that a fact?
Yes mate, few people from the club have told me
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Hopefully whatever happens we can tempt Verma to stay, and whoever takes charge can get the best out of him.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

bix_the_dog wrote: Sun May 19 2024 6:39 pm Hopefully whatever happens we can tempt Verma to stay, and whoever takes charge can get the best out of him.
I'm pretty sure if Harry Harris gets a job in the summer that's where Verma will be.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun May 19 2024 7:29 pm
bix_the_dog wrote: Sun May 19 2024 6:39 pm Hopefully whatever happens we can tempt Verma to stay, and whoever takes charge can get the best out of him.
I'm pretty sure if Harry Harris gets a job in the summer that's where Verma will be.
I fear you are right...
njp

Post by njp »

:lol:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

An interesting development. I wish Jack well as he gave his all for the club and was one of those who signed for us when we had no money or players and were in the S**t.

That said I can understand why the new manager wants a clear out. We ended up second bottom and if we are going to push for the play-offs then I'm afraid keeping those named above would not have been the way to do it. THe revelation that the 'club' had a retained list in mind begs the question who was making this call.

The new manager has his work cut out however - we have no players (I would have kept Brown and Jervis), although I'm assuming Rowe and Endall are staying(?) and building a squad from scratch will be a challenge.

We are also behind the curve - look at what Walsall Wood have done in the last week having signed Anderson from the Strangers, Concannon and Carter from Alvechurch. We have understandably not been able to do anything, but for anyone thinking that this is going to be an easy season where money will guarantee success it is clear that this may not be the case.

Interesting times ahead and the new manager will be under a lot of pressure I suspect.

Finally, I did wonder what we were doing with our selections at the end of last season . Whoever picked the side needed sacking as there was no continuity, players were out of position etc. It does beg the question as to who picked the XI - note that Gwilt started games when he clearly isn't a step 4 player. I hope the manager this season is given complete autonomy, but with a DoF in the background who knows what is going on.

Could be a bit of a power struggle in the offing and that will only be damaging.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

njp wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:02 pm I’ve just had an enlightening conversation with Jack Kelly who has asked me to post the following on here to update fans. He has told me that we should not get excited for the retained list as we will not be retaining any of the players. Apparently there was a list of players the club wanted to keep including grif, thorley, Kelly and mcquilkin but the new incoming manager supposedly does not want to keep anyone on and wants an entirely new start. They were given the option to take part in a trial game which I am being led to believe that none of them wanted to do feeling as if they should not have to prove themselves in this way being senior members of the team. As well as this I was told that Paul Moore only had limited choice over player selection in games. Jack has told me to send his best wishes to us as fans and to say that he enjoyed his time at the club and thinks we as fans are brilliant. I’m not one to post rumours and I would not be posting this at all if he had not asked me to convey this and I had not heard it from him directly.
I'm allowing this post to remain at the moment but it is littered with unfounded and unproveable allegations which could cause this forum consequences, I am expecting a call from the club to remove it and to be honest I couldn't blame them.
Not just yourself njp but everyone else please beware of what you post when it can be construed as pure hearsay which is what this is.
njp

Post by njp »

I can only apologise Keith. Please delete it if you think this would be best!
njp

Post by njp »

I certainly don’t want to cause any trouble for the forum, myself or the club
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

njp wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:35 pm I certainly don’t want to cause any trouble for the forum, myself or the club
I've sent you a pm on the forum mate.
njp

Post by njp »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:47 pm
njp wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:35 pm I certainly don’t want to cause any trouble for the forum, myself or the club
I've sent you a pm on the forum mate.
It does not seem to have come through as of yet
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I’ve seen a few posts now about the “new manager” but my question….. what’s the delay in naming him?

I don’t understand, if it’s signed and sealed and he is supposedly already making squad decisions, why aren’t the club making an official announcement on his arrival?

Last season we were playing catch up, and already as someone has already pointed out, Walsall Wood on it making some great step 4 signings, amongst other teams and it feels we’re behind again.

I hope the club prove me wrong, but it’s a massive pre season we need to get right and come straight out the traps
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

It's mystifying to me too if a choice of head coach has indeed been made. Not to worry though as the DOF is probably busy recruiting the players 🤣🤣
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed May 22 2024 7:55 am It's mystifying to me too if a choice of head coach has indeed been made. Not to worry though as the DOF is probably busy recruiting the players 🤣🤣
Well it took how many weeks/months for the club to announce the director of football, so who knows if there is a full managment team and staff in place. 🤔
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:14 pm An interesting development. I wish Jack well as he gave his all for the club and was one of those who signed for us when we had no money or players and were in the S**t.

That said I can understand why the new manager wants a clear out. We ended up second bottom and if we are going to push for the play-offs then I'm afraid keeping those named above would not have been the way to do it. THe revelation that the 'club' had a retained list in mind begs the question who was making

The new manager has his work cut out however - we have no players (I would have kept Brown and Jervis), although I'm assuming Rowe and Endall are staying(?) and building a squad from scratch will be a challenge.

We are also behind the curve - look at what Walsall Wood have done in the last week having signed Anderson from the Strangers, Concannon and Carter from Alvechurch. We have understandably not been able to do anything, but for anyone thinking that this is going to be an easy season where money will guarantee success it is clear that this may not be the case.

Interesting times ahead and the new manager will be under a lot of pressure I suspect.

Finally, I did wonder what we were doing with our selections at the end of last season . Whoever picked the side needed sacking as there was no continuity, players were out of position etc. It does beg the question as to who picked the XI - note that Gwilt started games when he clearly isn't a step 4 player. I hope the manager this season is given complete autonomy, but with a DoF in the background who knows what is going on.

Could be a bit of a power struggle in the offing and that will only be damaging.
As regards comments against Kelly spot on.

Rowe and Endall can still be made available even though they are on contract.

Anderson would have been a good signing for us. Concannon and Carter are both Ian Long men.

Interference in selection of the team is very worrying and needs to be nipped in the bud immediately, one would suspect it would be the DOF.
I think somebody's position will become untenable very quickly this season with this DOF in place either Big Marv or the new coach there will be too much conflict. I have to ask the question again why do you need a DOF at this level and is it hindering or limiting our selection of a new coach.
Ross

Post by Ross »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:29 pm
njp wrote: Tue May 21 2024 10:02 pm I’ve just had an enlightening conversation with Jack Kelly who has asked me to post the following on here to update fans. He has told me that we should not get excited for the retained list as we will not be retaining any of the players. Apparently there was a list of players the club wanted to keep including grif, thorley, Kelly and mcquilkin but the new incoming manager supposedly does not want to keep anyone on and wants an entirely new start. They were given the option to take part in a trial game which I am being led to believe that none of them wanted to do feeling as if they should not have to prove themselves in this way being senior members of the team. As well as this I was told that Paul Moore only had limited choice over player selection in games. Jack has told me to send his best wishes to us as fans and to say that he enjoyed his time at the club and thinks we as fans are brilliant. I’m not one to post rumours and I would not be posting this at all if he had not asked me to convey this and I had not heard it from him directly.
I'm allowing this post to remain at the moment but it is littered with unfounded and unproveable allegations which could cause this forum consequences, I am expecting a call from the club to remove it and to be honest I couldn't blame them.
Not just yourself njp but everyone else please beware of what you post when it can be construed as pure hearsay which is what this is.

I thought this was an independent forum?

If we can’t talk about things related to the club regardless of hearsay or not then the forum is completely pointless.

It’s no wonder the forum gets such low engagement with statements like “I’m allowing this post to remain”. We’re a step 4 football club not the MOD.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:10 am

If we can’t talk about things related to the club regardless of hearsay or not then the forum is completely pointless.

It’s no wonder the forum gets such low engagement with statements like “I’m allowing this post to remain”. We’re a step 4 football club not the MOD.
If you don't like the way the forum is run don't participate,
You do nothing but moan about everything anyway as you do on FB. As owner of this site I have to be mindful of any repercussions that may come its way I, legally, will take the hit on that not the poster.
Rules and regulations are on the forum for everyone to read if you don't like it tough.
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

why are we all speculating and roomers starting up i thought it this was over we have a clean sheet with our new owners let them get on with it we must back them 100% or it will carry on with bad days lets all Waite and see and look to the future be happy we have a club :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ross

Post by Ross »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:25 am
Ross wrote: Wed May 22 2024 8:10 am

If you don't like the way the forum is run don't participate,
You do nothing but moan about everything anyway as you do on FB. As owner of this site I have to be mindful of any repercussions that may come its way I, legally, will take the hit on that not the poster.
Rules and regulations are on the forum for everyone to read if you don't like it tough.
Wow aren’t you the big I am owning the forum.

Should your post not be taken down as I see it as a personal attack on me. Breaking your own forum rules not good is it.

Mind you when you have all the power you seem to feel you have being the owner of the forum I guess you’re above the rules.

I bow to the master