Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
pitmanpipe

Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

Post by pitmanpipe »

If Paul Moore does leave (I was hoping he would have left already) who’s peoples choices of somehow we stay at Step 4 or we are indeed relegated to Step 5?

For me if we stay at Step 4, I would like Adam Stevens. My choices would have been him or Paul Smith but Paul Smith has gone to Bromsgrove.

If we go to Step 5, I would like us to go for either Chris Cornes from Worcester City or Dean Gill from Darlaston
PitmanKeith

Re: Choice of Next Manager

Post by PitmanKeith »

I'm hearing he's not going anywhere, unbelievable if true.

The problem we are going to have though is no manager of any repute at step 3, 4 or 5 is going to want to work under a DOF, its not how it works at this level and its going to cause us problems.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Well, whatever league we are in, it’ll be another wasted season if Paul Moore remains.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I see absolutely no reason why Moore should be retained. His record of 9 points from 10 games, including 1 from the last 5 games, isn't good enough. We had a little run where we beat Northwich, scraped a draw when second best to Vauxhall Motors and picked up 4 very good points against Leek and Witton. After that it fell apart and from a position of relative comfort we saw the likes of Winterton, Exmouth, Grantham and Binfield put really decent runs together.

He didn't seem to know what his best XI was. We tried Gwillt at left back for a couple of games (not step 4 footballer no matter how keen he is), kept faith with Thorley when he went through an iffy patch and chopped and changed the centre forward role. He didn't seem to know what to do with Delfonseu. He also bought in 3 sub-standard players from Newcastle, threw Boucher under the bus , then dropped him for no good reason, dropped McGrath after a MoM appearance against Mossley to only then play him out of position for half a game and then (allegedly) fall out with him resulting in his departure at a critical stage of the season.

Not sure if there is anything positive to say about him and he is keen to blame others in his interviews and spin stats in his favour when presented with an opportunity. He was very quick to blame our results on the run of fixtures we had, but he had the best squad of any of our managers this season only to alienate some of them and tinker with the side too much.

I still have to question what our DoF is doing. That is presumably where the appointment of Moore came from as well as signing some experienced crocks. You have to say that there is a lack of nous.

If we end up in Step 5 then we have to win the league at the first time of asking. We appear to have a lot of money to spend, but let's spend it wisely and let's give it to a local manager who knows what he is doing. Adam Stevens is the ideal man for the job in my view irrespective of the level that we are playing at. I do think the DoF role should be made redundant. The manager should identify which players he wants and if someone wants to negotiate the money side on his behalf then fine, but that's as far as it should go.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 6:10 pm I see absolutely no reason why Moore should be retained. His record of 9 points from 10 games, including 1 from the last 5 games, isn't good enough. We had a little run where we beat Northwich, scraped a draw when second best to Vauxhall Motors and picked up 4 very good points against Leek and Witton. After that it fell apart and from a position of relative comfort we saw the likes of Winterton, Exmouth, Grantham and Binfield put really decent runs together.

He didn't seem to know what his best XI was. We tried Gwillt at left back for a couple of games (not step 4 footballer no matter how keen he is), kept faith with Thorley when he went through an iffy patch and chopped and changed the centre forward role. He didn't seem to know what to do with Delfonseu. He also bought in 3 sub-standard players from Newcastle, threw Boucher under the bus , then dropped him for no good reason, dropped McGrath after a MoM appearance against Mossley to only then play him out of position for half a game and then (allegedly) fall out with him resulting in his departure at a critical stage of the season.

Not sure if there is anything positive to say about him and he is keen to blame others in his interviews and spin stats in his favour when presented with an opportunity. He was very quick to blame our results on the run of fixtures we had, but he had the best squad of any of our managers this season only to alienate some of them and tinker with the side too much.

I still have to question what our DoF is doing. That is presumably where the appointment of Moore came from as well as signing some experienced crocks. You have to say that there is a lack of nous.

If we end up in Step 5 then we have to win the league at the first time of asking. We appear to have a lot of money to spend, but let's spend it wisely and let's give it to a local manager who knows what he is doing. Adam Stevens is the ideal man for the job in my view irrespective of the level that we are playing at. I do think the DoF role should be made redundant. The manager should identify which players he wants and if someone wants to negotiate the money side on his behalf then fine, but that's as far as it should go.
Apart from those few points was he OK otherwise?

Oh and you forgot to say he fell out with Michael Williams as well and let another centre half CMJ go which left us that short at the back when Endall got injured it was unreal.
If allowed to carry on it will not work, a manager trying to run a local division team from 80 miles away and by October we'll be on the managerial roundabout again.

Get him gone.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 4:12 pm If Paul Moore does leave (I was hoping he would have left already) who’s peoples choices of somehow we stay at Step 4 or we are indeed relegated to Step 5?

For me if we stay at Step 4, I would like Adam Stevens. My choices would have been him or Paul Smith but Paul Smith has gone to Bromsgrove.

If we go to Step 5, I would like us to go for either Chris Cornes from Worcester City or Dean Gill from Darlaston
Don't think Dean Gill would leave Darlo mate. Adam Stevens would be my choice but another I would like to see
would be Grant Joshua who has just announced he's leaving Lye Town after a very successful four years. He's turned them round from no hopers at step 5 to almost making the play offs in their first season at step 4.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Steve_W

Post by Steve_W »

Despite all the dedication and hours that I put into this club travelling to every fixture home and away and missing none in the past I don't claim to be a Hednesford supporter these days.

Pertons post really sums up for me the passion that people have for this club. You all have been massively let down by the people that have supposed to be looking after this club. Not just the owners but the the persons that were supposedly advising them from within the club.

If it happens that you end up in the Midland League and I am still not sure that will happen... please don't be the hated big time charlies who joke about other clubs facilities and attendances. If you're there it's because you deserve to be no matter how shiny your own Stadium is.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 6:43 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 4:12 pm If Paul Moore does leave (I was hoping he would have left already) who’s peoples choices of somehow we stay at Step 4 or we are indeed relegated to Step 5?

Don't think Dean Gill would leave Darlo mate. Adam Stevens would be my choice but another I would like to see
would be Grant Joshua who has just announced he's leaving Lye Town after a very successful four years. He's turned them round from no hopers at step 5 to almost making the play offs in their first season at step 4.
I’m of the same opinion about Dean Gill.

Grant Joshua is a good shout too, rumours that a step 3 club have tapped him up, the reason being he’s leaving Lye.

I just don’t see how or why our owners or DOF (whoever’s making the footballing decision) would want to keep Moore.
Surely they can see how the fans react to him, if they know anything about football, surely they can see since his appointment the results or performances haven’t been good enough.
For 80 minutes yesterday he stood with his hands in his pockets like he hadn’t a care in the world whilst poor passionate supporters were crying out for some fight
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 6:37 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 6:10 pm I see absolutely no reason why Moore should be retained. His record of 9 points from 10 games, including 1 from the last 5 games, isn't good enough. We had a little run where we beat Northwich, scraped a draw when second best to Vauxhall Motors and picked up 4 very good points against Leek and Witton. After that it fell apart and from a position of relative comfort we saw the likes of Winterton, Exmouth, Grantham and Binfield put really decent runs together.

Apart from those few points was he OK otherwise?

Oh and you forgot to say he fell out with Michael Williams as well and let another centre half CMJ go which left us that short at the back when Endall got injured it was unreal.
If allowed to carry on it will not work, a manager trying to run a local division team from 80 miles away and by October we'll be on the managerial roundabout again.

Get him gone.
He obviously kissed and made up with Williams as he started yesterday!

If I were Cornes I'd stay put at Step 4 as he has the chance to build a legacy at Worcester. Gill may also be at step 4 next year.
The Hednesford job will be very demanding. If the DoF stays then he will pull the strings and the manager / coach will have to operate alongside him (at best). We are also the kind of club that will demand success if we have a relatively large budget. If we stay at step 4 then there is an expectation that we will be challenging for the play-offs, but this is a really tough league. If we play in the Midland League then we have to win it. We are a fairly big club at this level and will be a behemoth at step 5 so the manager will have to deal with that. Bringing in his own players (if it is Gill or Cornes ) won't get us far. Harris tried to bring half his Walsall Wood side with him, but they were a mid-table step 4 side and we needed better in order to make up for our poor start.
Whoever manages us next season won't be able to / allowed to rely on his own contacts so the job takes on a different dimension.
:scratchhead:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Whilst we’re talking about Moore falling out with folk, there was a falling out between him and Ronnie Green.

It used to be a 2 man show, with Green having a lot of input but something changed after the Witton game and Moore decided to go it himself in regard to team selection, tactics, etc.

I know Green got to choose the starting 11 though yesterday
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 7:45 pm Whilst we’re talking about Moore falling out with folk, there was a falling out between him and Ronnie Green.

It used to be a 2 man show, with Green having a lot of input but something changed after the Witton game and Moore decided to go it himself in regard to team selection, tactics, etc.

I thought his assistants were Paul McKiernan and Martin Hunter, who the chuff is Ronnie Green never heard of him.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

It's a good point that getting out of Step 5 is not a given if you have money.

Bury with crowds of 3,000 have just finished 3rd in their second season in the NW Counties League. They may go up through the play offs but they've gone through several managers, a load of players and the atmosphere can be toxic there as a lot of people expect them to win every week. Macclesfield have also struggled to get the management right.

The club I'm involved with (West Didsbury & Chorlton) have an average gate bigger than Hednesford and finished 16th this year...
Stuart Bowman
njp

Post by njp »

I can’t see Dean leaving Darlo. He doesn’t seem like a guy that’s driven by money over the love of the game and he’s seen as a bit of a legend there already so why would he want to leave? I trust the new owners to make the right decision but if Moore is still there next season I think you can knock 1-200 off the crowd each week because I think on the whole he is hated enough that people will stay away!
:lol:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 8:31 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 7:45 pm Whilst we’re talking about Moore falling out with folk, there was a falling out between him and Ronnie Green.

I thought his assistants were Paul McKiernan and Martin Hunter, who the chuff is Ronnie Green never heard of him.
https://twitter.com/rjgfootballcoa1

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/club

I'm sure it was announced that McKieranan and Hunter were coming in, but I don't think either actually arrived so the club appointed Ronnie Green and Seydou Bamba
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Pitmanchester wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 9:42 pm It's a good point that getting out of Step 5 is not a given if you have money.

Bury with crowds of 3,000 have just finished 3rd in their second season in the NW Counties League. They may go up through the play offs but they've gone through several managers, a load of players and the atmosphere can be toxic there as a lot of people expect them to win every week. Macclesfield have also struggled to get the management right.

The club I'm involved with (West Didsbury & Chorlton) have an average gate bigger than Hednesford and finished 16th this year...
There is a huge difference between some of the regional divisions at Step 5. Congleton have just won the Midland League fairly comfortably at the first attempt having transferred from the NWCFL so I don’t really get your comparison at all. With a decent manager we’ll have the Midland League title wrapped up in March.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

For what it's worth and based on no evidence whatsoever, other than the vagaries of the decision making in the Pyramid system I think we will stay up (somehow, once all the jiggery pokery has been done) and as a result we wont have a change of manager over the summer.
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Well, he’s gone along with his backroom staff
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

Rambling Syd wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 1:13 pm For what it's worth and based on no evidence whatsoever, other than the vagaries of the decision making in the Pyramid system I think we will stay up (somehow, once all the jiggery pokery has been done) and as a result we wont have a change of manager over the summer.
Ha, ha. My post aged well then, on which basis relegation is racing certainty 🤣🤣
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

pitmanpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 1:25 pm Well, he’s gone along with his backroom staff
As you say..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... -keys-park
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I don’t think a new manager will be announced until we know what level we will be playing at next season
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

Not unexpected. At least a quick decision which enables the club to assess options. A step 4 or 3 manager alongside a nucleus of players of similar experience is probable.Whichever league we are in the rebuild begins.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

And FFS keep the appointment away from the DOF or we'll get another muppet
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 1:46 pm I don’t think a new manager will be announced until we know what level we will be playing at next season
Can't afford to wait the three weeks mate. We should be looking at appointing a step 3 or step 4 manager so it won't matter what league we are in.
Just get Adam Stevens I say and give him whatever he wants.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 1:57 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 1:46 pm I don’t think a new manager will be announced until we know what level we will be playing at next season
Can't afford to wait the three weeks mate. We should be looking at appointing a step 3 or step 4 manager so it won't matter what league we are in.
Just get Adam Stevens I say and give him whatever he wants.
I agree, we need to be prepared and can’t wait around.

I’m with you, we should go all out for Adam Stevens if he’s happy with step 4 or 5.
akb junior

Re: Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

Post by akb junior »

Definitely the right decision to get rid of Moore and he shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place in my opinion.

I agree with Keith that Adam Stevens should be our number one target and we should give him what he wants. If we can’t get him for whatever reason, I’d be quite happy with Grant Joshua who a few people have mentioned. He did really well with Lye on what is presumably a limited budget. The only problem being that he may have already been lined up for another job and that was the reasoning for his resignation being announced last week.