And we are back!

Rules, Maintenance, Feedback and Suggestions
Dobba
Site Admin

And we are back!

Post by Dobba »

(Kind of...)

After almost exactly 4 days, that my scalp may never recover from, the forum is back up and running. This time with a new lick of paint and all (ok, most) of the gaffa tape that was holding the old one's software together removed and replaced with shiny new parts.

Issues logging in - Incorrect password entered
If you are reading this and find you can't login please click the 'I forgot my password' option on the login page and enter the email you used to register. Clicking the link in the email you receive will allow you to enter a new password which you can then login with. Whilst your username and all the posts still exist, for some reason the passwords went a bit haywire in the transfer and resetting them seems to be the only thing that works.

Teething Problems with the new design
If after you've logged you have any issues navigating the new look or if I missed anything from the old board that you're missing, post below and I'll do my best to help ASAP.

Forum Address
I need to sort out the domain so the address bar is a little tidier but frankly I desperately need a day where I'm not doing something with this forum so I'm going to spend my Saturday making bread and visiting my allotment.

Thanks, Steve
Last but certainly no means least a huge thank you to Steve Walker. Not only for hosting this new/updated version of the forum but for 3 days of back and forth emails to me and the hosting company as we tried to work out what on earth the issue that was holding us back was. Whether we actually fixed it, or merely successfully worked around it I am still not entirely sure - but it is here and that's the important bit.
PitmanKeith

Re: And we are back!

Post by PitmanKeith »

Well done Ben and thank you for all your hard work. I'm going to have a play now for a little while to get myself acquainted with the new look.
Let's hope we don't get too many user problems and once again thank you your hard work is very much appreciated.
And to Steve a big thank you for the hosting and all your assistance to Ben in getting all this up and running.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Sorry for disturbing PitmanKeith “having a little play for a while” but thanks to everyone for getting this sorted and let the good times begin 👍
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ben on the old forum it used to show unread posts when I logged in, this one doesn't appear to do that, or do I have to set it up somewhere can't see that if I do.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 7:47 am Ben on the old forum it used to show unread posts when I logged in, this one doesn't appear to do that, or do I have to set it up somewhere can't see that if I do.
Some people want an easy life! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 8:16 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 7:47 am Ben on the old forum it used to show unread posts when I logged in, this one doesn't appear to do that, or do I have to set it up somewhere can't see that if I do.
Some people want an easy life! :mrgreen:
🐸
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

:clap: :clap: :clap: to all concerned.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Ah, not just me then... just emailed some of you about this... but I see Ben's having a day off (well-deserved) so it can wait...

:mrgreen:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Sorted now!

And thanks yet again to all who have enabled the new forum to be set up - and I do like the masthead, if that's what it's called... I won't even debate whether there should be an apostrophe after "fans"...

;) :mrgreen: :twisted:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

im back
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 11:44 amim back
Oh no 🤣🤣

Welcome on board mate.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

sheriff wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 11:44 amim back
Way-hay ... need nemesis back next!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

it's only because I couldn't log in with my normal name
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

THanks to everyone for making this happen
:scratchhead:
Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm back as well.
Except the e-mail I used originally about 40 years ago doesn't exist now so I've had to start a new account.
Anyway, good work Ben.
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Great work, looking forward to Jackie's next hot-off-the-press match report.
Stuart Bowman
granddad

Post by granddad »

I'm back
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

O yay, O yay - I'm here!

dig a-ling
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Hope everyone is enjoying the forum since we returned refreshed.
If you are experiencing any problems or difficulties in navigating the set up please feel free to pm myself or Del and we will endeavour to help and assist you in any queries you may have anyway we can.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣