Old Player Watch

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Perton Pitman

Re: Old Player Watch

Post by Perton Pitman »

Andre brown and Sam Griffiths are still turning out for shifnal.
Tyrone ofori, who has played against us for both rushall and Strangers , has signed for them too
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Del wrote: Sat Jan 22 2022 11:48 am Ben Bailey to Tamworth!

... and as Radio Lee has said ... we still have to play them twice! :dance:
...sent off today against rushall!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Jan 29 2022 8:32 pm Andre brown and Sam Griffiths are still turning out for shifnal.
Tyrone ofori, who has played against us for both rushall and Strangers , has signed for them too
Sheridan Martinez, Ryan Pryce and Matthew Barnes-Homer also in the Shifnal team today.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Lee K wrote: Sat Jan 29 2022 8:58 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Jan 29 2022 8:32 pm Andre brown and Sam Griffiths are still turning out for shifnal.
Sheridan Martinez, Ryan Pryce and Matthew Barnes-Homer also in the Shifnal team today.
I'll probably be watching all five of them next Saturday.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn wrote: Sun Oct 31 2021 1:11 pm
https://www.thenpl.co.uk/saturdays-tran ... n=football

Confirmation also in that list that Wycherley has joined Nantwich, not that we doubted Jackie's word for a second; and Sean Williams to Warrington, I've lost track of his cross-Lancs movements...
https://www.thenpl.co.uk/saturdays-tran ... n=football

Wycherley from Yeltz to Nantwich, one assumes he's been out on loan... :?
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn wrote: Mon Jan 06 2020 11:16 am Sam Hornby in goal for Flyde at Blades yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50976180
He gets about...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60204948
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Another two goasl for Danny Glover for Rushall against Stourbridge
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

FOr the 5th time this season I went to watch AFC Wulfs with my lad. For the 5th time we saw them win and this was another victory against a rival for the play-offs (I've previously seen them beat Hanley and Worcester amongst others and today it was the turn of Shifnal).

Shifnal made the 12 mile journey in a team coach - I've not seen that before at non-league Ievel I don''t think.

Lining up for SHifnal were Sam Griffiths, Ryan Pryce, Matt Barnes - Homer and Andre Brown. Ofori (who recently played against for Rushall was in the starting XI also).

Wulfs ran out pretty comfortable 2-0 winners. Brown blasted in a shot which was beaten away, but otherwise he wasn't a threat. Griffiths and Pryce were steady , but unspectacular. Wulfs ran at Griffiths and he struggled with the movement. Pryce eventually went of injured.

MBH didn't really get a kick and the best player for the visitors was their keeper who prevented a heavier defeat with some brave saves.

The pitch was very bobbly and there were plenty of shanked passes which made for comedy at times.

There is clearly money going in at Shifnal, but they didn't work hard and to say they didn't play as a team is an understatement.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I went to Burton Albion v Sheffield Wednesday and saw former Pitmen loanee Marvin Johnson play for the visitors. Apart from a couple of good runs at the defence he didn’t do a great deal although Wednesday did run out 2-0 winners. Chey Dunkley remains on the injured list although I saw in the match preview that he will be back soon having started to join in training.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Dan Crane dislocated a finger playing for RC Warwick yesterday...

Now, I'm not calling Dan a wuss, far from it, but in an episode of Big Match Revisited I watched during the week, Gary Pierce of Wolves did the same and just had it put back in, right there on the pitch...

:shock: :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Del

Post by Del »

No wonder he is a keeper - he has a HUGE hand
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

:roll: :mrgreen: (muppet)

Craney has replied to my tweet to say that their physio tried five times to put it back in but it wouldn't go so he had to come off!!

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! :shock:
Chris

Post by Chris »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 6:25 pm FOr the 5th time this season I went to watch AFC Wulfs with my lad. For the 5th time we saw them win and this was another victory against a rival for the play-offs (I've previously seen them beat Hanley and Worcester amongst others and today it was the turn of Shifnal).

Shifnal made the 12 mile journey in a team coach - I've not seen that before at non-league Ievel I don''t think.

Lining up for SHifnal were Sam Griffiths, Ryan Pryce, Matt Barnes - Homer and Andre Brown. Ofori (who recently played against for Rushall was in the starting XI also).

Wulfs ran out pretty comfortable 2-0 winners. Brown blasted in a shot which was beaten away, but otherwise he wasn't a threat. Griffiths and Pryce were steady , but unspectacular. Wulfs ran at Griffiths and he struggled with the movement. Pryce eventually went of injured.

MBH didn't really get a kick and the best player for the visitors was their keeper who prevented a heavier defeat with some brave saves.

The pitch was very bobbly and there were plenty of shanked passes which made for comedy at times.

There is clearly money going in at Shifnal, but they didn't work hard and to say they didn't play as a team is an understatement.
Andy Wycherley is the latest to join the Shifnal gravy train.

Not sure if the link works...
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Blimey! The lad who played in goal on Saturday was pretty good though
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Bursik a rare (these days) start for Stoke:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60210014

Bramall on the mark for Lincoln:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60210081
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Chris wrote: Mon Feb 07 2022 10:18 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Feb 05 2022 6:25 pm FOr the 5th time this season I went to watch AFC Wulfs with my lad. For the 5th time we saw them win and this was another victory against a rival for the play-offs (I've previously seen them beat Hanley and Worcester amongst others and today it was the turn of Shifnal).

Andy Wycherley is the latest to join the Shifnal gravy train.

Not sure if the link works...
and they lost 2-1 at home to Boldmere tonight
Chris

Post by Chris »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Feb 08 2022 7:01 am Blimey! The lad who played in goal on Saturday was pretty good though
That was Sheridan Martinez who played a couple of games on loan for us from Telford.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Chris wrote: Tue Feb 08 2022 10:28 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Feb 08 2022 7:01 am Blimey! The lad who played in goal on Saturday was pretty good though
That was Sheridan Martinez who played a couple of games on loan for us from Telford.
Chris I think you'll find the lad who played in goal for Shifnal against Wulfs was George Scott. Sheridan Martinez got injured in the previous game v Worcester.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Martinez didn't impress in his short time with us. Apparently he has a hamstring injury which is why Scott played on Saturday and Wycherley has now signed for them
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 1:23 pm Martinez didn't impress in his short time with us. Apparently he has a hamstring injury which is why Scott played on Saturday and Wycherley has now signed for them
Was just testing my memory to see if my recollection was right that he made his debut in the disastrous defeat to Kettering when we gave them three penalties... not, it wasn't, it was Bursik, Martinez on the bench having just joined the squad...

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/1 ... sford-town

That's a day of my life I'll never get back...

:roll:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think I remember him playing against Strangers and having a very dodgy evening. Bursik may have been on international duty?
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 3:04 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 1:23 pm Martinez didn't impress in his short time with us. Apparently he has a hamstring injury which is why Scott played on Saturday and Wycherley has now signed for them
Was just testing my memory to see if my recollection was right that he made his debut in the disastrous defeat to Kettering when we gave them three penalties... not, it wasn't, it was Bursik, Martinez on the bench having just joined the squad...

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/1 ... sford-town

That's a day of my life I'll never get back...

:roll:
It’s a beautiful ground though :-)
C D S

Post by C D S »

Quite a few familiar names in the Gresley Rovers squad these days...

https://www.gresleyrovers.com/first-team/squad

Oh, and a belated welcome back to everyone and a very well done to all involved in getting the forum moved to the new server 👍🏼
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

C D S wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 9:04 pm Quite a few familiar names in the Gresley Rovers squad these days...

Oh, and a belated welcome back to everyone and a very well done to all involved in getting the forum moved to the new server 👍🏼
I reckon 4 of those have played for us. Am I right?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 10:42 pm
C D S wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 9:04 pm Quite a few familiar names in the Gresley Rovers squad these days...

I reckon 4 of those have played for us. Am I right?
I don't remember Elvis Gresley playing for us his face isn't familiar at all.🤣🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣